MassSAVE program for energy efficient homes : This program is sponsored by utility companies and energy efficiency service providers, and is aimed at making homes more energy efficient. The HEAT loan program offered through MassSAVE helps with offering homeowners 0% financing for eligible home improvements. If you find your energy bills high and hope to shave them off considerably, see if you are eligible for MassSAVE. Call 866-527-SAVE (7283) to know more information and to see if you are eligible. Visit link for more information on single mother assistance.
EnergyBucks program is a partnership between Massachusetts utility companies and The Massachusetts Association for Community Action (MASSCAP) to offer discount rates on monthly utility bills. If you are a low income family or single mother needing utility bill assistance, visit link for more information on application and eligibility requirements. In addition to utility bill assistance, fuel assistance and weatherization — a process to make homes more energy efficient — are also available.
Massachusetts Good Neighbor Energy Fund is run by Salvation Army to help low as well as moderate income families and single mothers with their utility bills. Working poor whose income does not meet eligibility for government assistance programs can get utility assistance through this fund. If you are a family who is in a temporary crisis and are in need of financial assistance, call 339-502-5900 for more information on application. Visit website link for more details on the program.
Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC) is a public assistance program aimed at helping families and pregnant women with cash grants. More public assistance programs for single mothers can be viewed at gov webpage .
RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) is a government program to help families and single mothers who are at risk of becoming homeless. This homeless prevention program aims to help low income families who are behind on their rent. Besides rent assistance, RAFT also helps with moving costs, security deposit and first/last month’s rent. Several documents are needed as proof to show financial hardship — visit website link to know more program details.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Citizens Energy Oil Heat Program is aimed at helping low income families and single parents who need assistance with heating oil. If you are in an unfortunate situation where you have to choose between food and heating costs, this program could help. If you are in need of this assistance, please call 1-877-JOE-4-OIL for application. Organization website link
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a popular public assistance program to help single moms with heating costs. Whatever your primary source of heat is. LIHEAP helps income eligible families with their heating expenses. Weatherization services – aimed at making homes more energy efficient and to cut energy expenses considerably — are also available through LIHEAP. You can call 617-573-1400 for more information on LIHEAP. Visit website link for more information on eligibility and program application.
Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program (MRVP) is a public rent assistance program aimed at helping low income families, single moms and individuals. The voucher amount is determined by factors such as household size and family income. In order to quality for rent assistance, household income should not exceed 50% of Area Median Income. For more information on application and eligibility, visit official website of MRVP. Call (617) 573-1150 for more information on this program.