Reach Out for Warmth (ROFW) is an energy assistance program aimed at helping low to moderate income families and single mothers. Families in Benton, Sherburne and Stearns counties can call (888) 765-5597 to apply for bills assistance. In addition to utilities assistance, ROFW also runs several programs to help low income families and single mothers attain self-sufficiency. This includes housing assistance, rent assistance and counseling services for families in crisis. Visit organization website for more information on eligibility and application.
FHPAP ( Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program ) is a program aimed at preventing homelessness in Minnesota. Funds are granted to several agencies across Minnesota to help low income families who are on the verge of a crisis. If you are in need of rent assistance to avoid eviction, contact one of the agencies that receive funds from FHPAP. You can find a list of grantees on this page — FHPAP grantees
In addition to rent assistance, qualifying families can also receive security deposit and first month’s rent in case of moving to permanent housing from a shelter. Call 651.296.9833 for more information on rent assistance, single mother assistance and eviction prevention programs.
Community clinics for free medical assistance — If you are in need of free or discounted medical care, visit a community clinic near you to receive affordable services. If your income is deemed very low, medical care will be offered free of charge. In case of patients whose assets and income exceed low income levels, affordable charges will be applicable. Here is a short list — not exhaustive — of community clinics across Minnesota.
Sawtooth Mountain Clinic
513 5th Ave. W.
Grand Marais, MN 55604-3017
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
2740 1st Ave. S.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408-1611
INDIAN HEALTH BOARD OF MINNEAPOLIS, INC.
1315 E. 24th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55404-3975
PLYMOUTH CHRISTIAN YOUTH CENTER
2210 Oliver Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411-1821
HELPING HAND DENTAL CLINIC
506 7th St. W.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102-3049
As the above list is not exhaustive, if you are in need of free medical care and if you cannot find a community clinic location in the above list, please search for a clinic near your location.
Minnesota Salvation Army programs — Several financial assistance programs are offered by Salvation Army to help low income families and single moms tide over a crisis. Salvation Army’s HeatShare program is one such program that helps households who have received a shut off notice from the utility company. Cash assistance will be offered to families who produce such a notice as proof and are meeting income guidelines.
If you are a family moving out of temporary housing, help with security deposit and first month’s rent may be offered. Contact a Salvation Army office near your location to get details on eligiblity requirements and application.
In addition to bills assistance and housing assistance offered by Salvation Army, income eligible households can also receive employment assistance in order to aid self sufficiency. This might include skills development programs and referrals to other agencies that might help with gainful employment. Search for a Salvation Army center near your location and call them today to know more about assistance programs available to you. Some — not all — of these centers are listed below :
Noble Salvation Army center, 10011 Noble Parkway, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Harvest/Anoka Office, 10347 Ibis St., Coon Rapids, Minnesota 55433
Temple, South Office, 1604 Lake St. E, Minneapolis Minnesota
Carver County Office, 2445 Prior Avenue, Roseville, MN (651) 746-3400
Smiles Across Minnesota — is a program operated in Minnesota to offer free or discounted dental care for uninsured and underinsured children. Both preventative as well as restorative services are offered to qualifying applicants. If you are uninsured, assistance is also offered to gain insurance, or be eligible for free dental care, provided income limits are met. Visit organization website for more information on eligibility requirements and application.
General assistance program — While several non profits and public assistance programs help low income families, GA program is designed to financially help childless couples and single adults. Cash grants are offered to qualifying applicants depending on income. Contact Minnesota DHS today for more information on benefits application.