If you need ways to reduce your costs on utility and phone bills you will find that information here. There are also resources for low cost, or free services for medical care, legal counseling and additional services.
Medical and Dental Care for single mothers
Medical care too often is pushed aside to pay for other bills. Fortunately, there are over 220 sliding scale, low-cost or free medical and dental care clinics in New Hampshire. The clinics serve eligible low income residents.
Community Health Center of Asbury Park – VNA of Central New Jersey 732-774-6333
Treating persons of any income level, uninsured, underinsured, insurance, Medicare, Medicaid. The center provides medical care and testing for Hepatitis C.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Creole, French
Eva’s Village Medical and Dental Clinic Paterson 973-523-6220
Staffed by medical professionals, the medical clinic provides basic screening and assessment, primary care, immunization, routine acute care, monitoring patient’s medications, follow-ups, and referrals.
Eva’s Dental Clinic was founded by R. Brian Ullmann, DDS to offer compassionate, free dental care to residents of area shelters and treatment programs. Services include preventive care, diagnosis, restoration, root canals, partial and complete dentures, oral surgery, and emergencies.
Neither the medical or dental clinic charge a fee for services. Learn about all of the services at Eva’s Village.
Dental clinics across the state are listed here by city.
Telephone Services Discount for single mothers
It seems as though everyone has the latest in smartphone technology however the truth is there are people who cannot afford even a basic landline telephone. Because having access to a phone is a necessity the federal government developed a program called Lifeline to assist people with phone service. The program offers a discount of $9.25 on monthly service charges for qualified customers who use a wireless or landline telephone. Some local phone service companies have additional discounts. To fill out an application contact your phone service carrier. Continue reading to find out about the Lifeline program. for single moms .
Weatherization Assistance for single moms
Are you being forced to buy less food or go without prescriptions so that you can pay the utility bill?
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is available to eligible low-income individuals and families with priority given to the elderly, persons with disabilities, and families with children. The program’s goal is to reduce the amount of energy lost in inefficient homes and lower the cost of power for the residents.
For qualified recipients, assistance might include air infiltration prevention by adding caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors, and insulation added to walls and the attic. Weatherization not only saves energy and lowers utility bills it also makes your home snug and draft free. Both renters and homeowners are eligible for single mother assistance. Continue reading for more information.
Help with Utilities
Are you a single mom behind on your utility bill? Qualified low-income residents and single mothers are eligible for a variety of utility assistance programs.
Winter Termination Program
The Winter Termination Program (WTP) protects specific categories of customers from having their gas or electric shut off between November 15th and March 15th. Those enrolled in specific programs (such as SSI, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, USF, and Lifeline) are protected by WTP, and an additional “catch-all” category is included for people unable to pay their utility bills because of circumstances beyond their control such as unemployment or illness. For more information on the Winter Termination Program call 1-800-624-0241.
Temporary Relief of Utility Expense (TRUE) is an annual assistance program designed to help low to moderate income families in New Jersey who are experiencing economic hardship and struggling to pay their electric and natural gas bills. Visit the website to discover what help is available.
NJSHARES is a non-profit corporation organized to provide assistance to single moms, individuals and families living in New Jersey who are in need of temporary help in paying their energy bills. To qualify an individual or family must be facing a financial crisis and be ineligible for public assistance. Eligible residents must have a history of good credit with the utility company. If approved, recipients may receive a one-time grant of $250 each for gas and/or electricity. Contact NJSHARES at 866-657-4273 or visit the website.
Food Assistance for single parents
Does your family run out of food before the next paycheck? Are you unable to purchase enough food? Hunger is real in New Jersey. There are children and adults who experience hunger every day. In the land of plenty, some are left out. But there is hope and help. There are numerous agencies and organizations, public and private that are dedicated to helping Americans receive the food they need.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the nation’s largest food safety net. SNAP was formerly known as Food Stamps. Eligible low-income individuals and families receive help through an Electronic Benefit Transfer or EBT card. The EBT card appears similar to a bank debit card and works like one as well.
SNAP is intended to be a supplement to help ensure people have enough nutritious foods. Recipients will still need to find other ways to add to the food budget such as community gardens and other resources and food banks or food pantries. Read more at this website about how to apply for single mother benefits or call 800-792-9773 or 609-588-2197.