Oklahoma Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
The largest residential energy efficiency program is the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program. The mission is to make dwellings of low-income persons energy efficient to decrease the cost of utility bills and increase energy efficiency. WAP insulates housing particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities, families with children, high residential energy users and households with a high energy burden, to conserve needed energy and to aid those least able to afford higher utility costs.
WAP provides for an energy audit and weatherization options such as caulking, weatherstripping and attic and wall insulation. Learn more about the WAP services and how to apply. If you are a single mother, Call 405-815-6552 or 800-879-6552.
For Tribal Weatherization information go to this page.
Free Medical Clinics
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
When money is in short supply you cannot pay for everything. For a number of people that means they cannot afford to see a healthcare provider. If you are low-income and uninsured the free medical clinics in Oklahoma can help. There are a number of clinics in the Oklahoma City Metro area. Find a free clinic near you. Locate a clinic in your city.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for single mothers
In Oklahoma, food benefits are issued to more than 600,000 adults and children each month. It is SNAP’s purpose to provide supplement food to people with low-incomes.
SNAP makes available the same food choices to all persons in an effort to meet a variety of individual issues.
Eligibility for SNAP benefits is based on need. This means the amount of food benefits is based on the number of people in the household and the amount of income available to the households. Recipients of benefits use an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card to purchase food in most grocery stores.
Oklahoma State Information/Hotline Number: 1-866-411-1877 or 405-521-3444 . If you are a single mother, locate your local SNAP office.
Lifeline Phone Discount
It can be so important to have telephone service. ATT offers two different programs to help customers afford a phone.
The Regular Lifeline Oklahoma service makes basic phone service more affordable for eligible customers with discounted phone service along with the ability to add additional services and features.
Enhanced Lifeline Oklahoma makes basic phone service less expensive for qualified Oklahoma customers who live on current or former reservation or tribal land, offering discounted phone service. As with Regular Lifeline additional services and features are offered. If you want to find out if you are eligible for assistance apply now.
Rental Assistance for single moms
USDA Rural Development provides affordable housing, vouchers, and rental assistance for struggling rural families and single mothers. Beneficiaries tend to be low-income residents, disabled, and the elderly. The USDA Rural Development Program provides cash assistance directly to the landlord in the form of a voucher. The amount provided is based on what a fair rent should be for that part of the state and the community. Housing units must be safe and pass an inspection. If you are behind on your rent, do all that you can to maintain communication with your landlord. Visit the Rural Development website for more information.
Utility Assistance for single moms
The Oklahoma Natural Gas (ONG) company has several assistance programs to help customers pay their utility bill. Share the Warmth is a program funded by contributions and donations from customers and corporations. The money that the company raises is transferred to local Salvation Army branches, which administers the program and distribute the funds and grants to those people in need. The Share the Warmth program is available in all 67 counties in the Oklahoma Natural Gas service area. Call 800-664-5463 to learn more or to apply for assistance. Learn more about Share The Warmth.
Are you a single mom? Do you need medication but you do not have money or insurance to pay for it?
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance for Oklahoma helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines by matching them with the right assistance programs. Many will get their medications free or nearly free. The Partnership for Prescription Assistance for Oklahoma will help you find the program that’s right for you, free of charge. Start an application to see if you are eligible for help with your prescriptions.