The rising cost of living in the United States has left many Americans scrambling for help with paying bills. Luckily, there are a wide array of programs in each state that can provide help for people who need it. Financial assistance for single mothers is available for those who have energy bills, medical bills or who are interested in furthering their education, just to name a few. To find single mom financial assistance, all it takes is a little time and research. If you need help, you may want to see if you can get any assistance based on the programs we will discuss. In this article, we will be discussing programs that provide assistance with paying different types of bills in the state of South Dakota.
Montana-Dakota provides electric service and natural gas to parts of Wyoming, North Dakota, Montana and South Dakota. They provide assistance to those who have issues paying their energy bill. Assistance is provided based on donations from churches, individuals, industry, individuals and the government. For assistance in South Dakota, call 1-605-342-536. More information available here.
MidAmerican Energy offers single mother assistance for renters and homeowners who need help with cooling and home heating. The help is offered through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, also known as LIHEAP. It is federally funded but administered at a state level. For more information, call 1-800-325-0778. Other information can be found here.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
South Dakota Housing
South Dakota Housing provides various forms of assistance such as Security Deposit Assistance Program, down payment assistance and closing cost assistance. For more information and to see if you qualify, call 605-773-3181 or check out their website here.
DSS provides Low Income Energy Assistance and Weatherization Assistance. The Weatherization Assistance was created to assist those South Dakota who live in low income households by making their home efficient when it comes to using energy. It also helps to be able to afford their energy bills. More information can be found on their website or by calling 1-800-233-8503.
University of South Dakota
The Office of Financial Aid works with parents and students to assist them in going to school. Students can apply for grants, loans, scholarships and other types of financial aid. More information can be found on their website here or by calling 605-658-6250.
North Western Energy
North Western Energy provides assistance for single mothers and customers through the Low Income Energy Assistance Program. There is also a Weatherization Assistance Program to assist low income households in making their home more energy efficient. Assistance is given based on proof of financial need. For more information, call 1-800-233-8503 or check out their website here.
City of Yankton
The City of Yankton, South Dakota, also offers assistance for power bills for low income households and single mothers through the State of South Dakota. Financial assistance is given based on need proven in an application. If you need assistance or need more information, call 1-866-917-7368. More information can also be found on the city’s website.
Benefits is a government website that states all available federal benefits for single moms. Once on their website, you can search per state to find out programs that are available to you. For example, once you have searched South Dakota, you will see certain programs available such as South Dakota Child and Adult Care Food Program, South Dakota Children’s Health Insurance Program, South Dakota Low Income Energy Assistance Program and South Dakota School Breakfast and Lunch Program. More information can be found here or by calling 1-800-333-4636.
Westriver Electric Energy Organization
Westriver offers energy bill assistance with the help of federal and state assistance. Those who are interested can check out their website here or by calling 605-393-0275.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the intent of helping communities , single moms and patients to live well. It provides community-based health care in 32 specialty areas and in more than 20 communities. They offer financial aid in the form of discounts or in some cases, even waivers of bills. They also offer payment plans. For more information, call 1-888-271-1086 or by checking out their website here.
As you can see, there are a wide variety of financial assistance programs for people who are living in South Dakota. Whether you need assistance paying for energy bills, need financial assistance for going to college or if you need help paying hospital bills, there is help out there for those who need it. While it may seem time consuming, spending time doing a little research and filling out applications can save you money in the long run. Being given a little financial assistance can help you get ahead and enjoy life a little better.