Many Americans need financial help these days, whether it is help with energy bills, healthcare bills or help paying for college. If you live in the state of Tennessee, you may find that there are more options for financial assistance for single mothers than you realized. In this article, we will be discussing how you can get help paying bills in Tennessee.
Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee
The Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee is a non-profit organization that is in operation for the benefits of those who are living with Sickle Cell Disease in the Mid South community and in Tennessee. The foundation provides mortgage assistance to those in need. To see if you qualify, go to their website here or by calling 901-552-4267.
Shelby County in Tennessee offers a Low-Income Home Energy Assistance program that is funded by the Tennessee Housing Development Agency and is administered by the Shelby County Community Services Agency. To see if you qualify and for more information, check their website here or call 901-222-4315.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Memphis Light, Gas and Water is one of the city’s first utility companies. It was formed in 1852. Today, it is the country’s largest three-service municipal utility. They offer Holiday bill break, extended payment plans, net due date programs and winter moratorium. For more information, look at their website here or call 901-544-6549 to get single mother assistance.
Friends for Life
Friends for Life is a charity that was founded in Texas in 1989. They aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities and seniors, particularly those without any family nearby to care for them. Trained volunteers assist in helping with budgets, balance checkbooks, assist with accessing benefits and pay bills. For more information on single mother grants, you can check out their website or call 254-772-8100 ex 128.
Benefits for single parents
Benefits is a federal website that aims to assist others in finding federal financial aid. On the website, you can search for benefits by state. In Tennessee, there is a wide variety of financial assistance help such as Tennessee Families First, Tennessee Head Start, Tennessee Special Milk Program and Tennessee Summer Food Service. For more information on single mother grants, check out their website or call 1-800-333-4636.
SVECares is a program that aims to provide financial assistance to worthy causes by combining donations with other SVEC members. To collect donations, monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar. If you would like assistance from SVECares, check out their website here or contact them through their website here.
TrentonLW collects donations from individuals who are paying their electricity bills. In turn, this money is donated toward helping handicapped, elderly and other needy individuals in meeting their energy costs needs. For more information, check out their website here or call 731-855-1561.
Appalachian Power is partnered with Dollar Energy Fund to assist low-income families and single mothers in West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee in paying their electric bills. They work with non-profit and private community-based organizations to provide assistance. There are certain eligibility guidelines and each state has different requirements. To learn more, go to their website or call 1-800-956-4237.
Athens Utilities Board
Athens Utilities Board is a non-profit organization that is owned by the cities of Athens. They offer assistance for making payments by making arrangements with the customer service department. Other assistance is made through agencies such as SouthEast Tennessee Human Resource Agency and Coordinated Charities. For more information, check out their website or call 423-745-4501.
Holston Electric provides electric service to rural residents. They offer a program called Project Help administered by Upper East Tennessee Human Development Agency. It provides one-time emergency assistance in the amount of $100 for those who qualify. For more information, go to their website or call 423-272-8821.
Jackson Energy Authority
Jackson Energy Authority provides utilities such as propane, water and internet. They offer a wide variety of payment options for those who need assistance such as project help. Project Help is a program that helps eligible families and single mothers afford their utility bills. For more information, check out their website or call 731-422-7500.
Middle Tennessee Electric
Middle Tennessee Electric provides electricity to over 200,000 business and residential members around metropolitan Nashville. Each bill is automatically rounded up to the next dollar and the extra money is saved and used for those in need. More information can be found on their website or by calling 877-777-9020.
SafeLink Wireless is a government benefit program available to eligible consumers. Documentation of income may be required for enrollment. More information can be found on their website or by calling 1-800-723-3546.
Department of Human Services
Tennessee Department of Human Services provides a variety of assistance to individuals and families. For more information on how to apply for benefits, go to their website or call 1-866-311-4287.
Society of St. Vincent DePaul
The Society of St. Vincent DePaul offers assistance to those who need it. They have a food mission open in midtown every day. It’s estimated that each day, up to 225 people come in for food and shelter. For more information, check out their website or call 901-722-4703.
As we have shown, there are many options for people in Tennessee to get assistance. From food to assistance with energy bills, there is help if you need it.