With the rising cost of living and with a stagnant minimum wage, many single mothers need assistance to get by. If you need assistance, you need not worry. Luckily, there are many programs and organizations aimed at providing help for single parents. In this article, we will be talking about how you can get help paying bills in Texas.
Entergy Texas, Inc.
Entergy Texas provides power to Southeast Texas. They offer a variety of payment assistance such as deferred payment, payment extension and low income information. More information on single mother grants can be found on their website or by calling 1-800-368-3749.
El Paso Electric
El Paso started providing power to customers in 1901. They offer payment assistance such as payment arrangement and low income rider. For more information, check out their website or call 1-800-351-1621.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
The Concho Valley Community Action Agency provides assistance with those who need utility payment assistance or need help making their home more efficient. More information on single mother benefits can be found on their website here or by calling 325-653-2411.
Central Texas Electric Co-op
Central Texas Electric Co-op is a non-profit organization that is controlled and owned by those whom it serves. They offer something called Operation Round-Up which means that they round up others’ bills to the next dollar then take that money and offer it to those in need. To see if you qualify for single mom benefits, go to their website or contact them.
First Choice Power
First Choice Power aims to make electricity more convenient and affordable. They offer services such as fixed rate and prepaid plans which can help you budget better. More information can be found on their website or by calling 1-855-534-3881.
South Plains Electric Cooperative
South Plains Electric Cooperative was established by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1935. It provides power to those in rural Texas. They participate in Operation Round Up, which is a program that rounds up customers’ bills to the next dollar. The extra money is given to those in need. For more information, check out their website or by calling 1-800-658-2655.
Single Mother Help
Single Mother Help provides single mothers with the assistance that they need to provide for their families, such as career training and money grants. For more information, check out their website.
Public Utility Commission of Texas
Public Utility Commission of Texas regulates the state’s utilities. They offer several different types of assistance such as Lifeline, Victims of Family Violent, Weatherization programs and Bill Assistance for Burned Veterans. For more information, go to their website or call 512-936-7000.
Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
This agency’s mission is to administer assigned programs efficiently and to develop affordable housing for Texas communities. They offer a variety of assistance programs such as Homebuyer Assistance, Home Repair, Homeowner Rehabilitation Assistance Program and Rental Assistance. For more information on single mother grants, check out their website at 1-800-525-0657.
CPS Energy provides natural gas and electric service to more than 335,000 natural gas customers and 765,000 electric customers. They offer assistance programs such as Winter Assistance Relief Mobilization and emergency assistance programs. For more information, check out their website or call 210-353-2222.
CECA is a co-operative where the customers are the owners. They offer an energy efficiency program and an Operation Round Up program. For more information, go to their website or call 1-800-915-2533.
City of Denton
The City of Denton offers utilities to its residents. They offer a program called P.L.U.S. One where residents can contribute to those in need. For more information, check out their website or call 940-349-8700.
Reliant Energy is an energy provider in Texas. They offer a variety of programs such as providing “Beat the Heat” centers where the public can go to enjoy free air conditioning, providing a CARE program to give assistance to those who qualify and LITE-UP Texas where customers can receive discounts on electricity service. For more information, go to their website or call 1-866-222-7100.
Sam Bernard Electric Co-op
The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives represents a nationwide alliance that is more than 740 local consumer-owned electric co-ops in 46 states. They offer an Operation Round Up plan to assist those in need. For more information on single mother assistance, go to their website or call 979-865-3171.
West Texas Opportunities, Inc.
This community action program was developed by the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 in an effort to eliminate poverty. They have several assistance program such as the comprehensive energy assistance program and a weatherization assistance program. For more information, check out their website or by calling 806-872-8354.
City of Fort Worth
The City of Fort Worth provides utilities to its residents. The city offers a bill assistance program that helps those in need pay their bills. For more information, check out their website or call 817-392-4477.
Mary L Peyton Foundation
This foundation was created for educational and charitable purposes to give equipment, life and medication aid to the residents of El Paso, Texas. They provide living assistance that gives clothing, food and helps pay for utilities. For more information and for other programs, go to their website.