Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers assistance in Wyoming

If you live in Wyoming and need help paying bills and meeting basic expenses, there are lots of options for getting single mother help you need.

Cash Assistance for single mothers

Wyoming’s version of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program (TANF) is called Personal Opportunities With Employment Responsibilities (POWER). It’s for working adults with at least one dependent child.

Help with Food

Wyoming’s Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) is its main effort to help needy households with food. The Emergency Food Assistance (TEFAP) is a state government effort to support Wyoming organizations that help people with food and meals. It maintains a List of Food Banks and Soup Kitchens that receive TEFAP funds where you can go to get help with food. You can also find another list of Wyoming food pantries at

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter & Housing

The state government of Wyoming has a Homeless Services Program that maintains a list of community resources across the state that can provide assistance with rent, emergency shelter, and other housing related needs. The list can be accessed at this link: Community Resources List. The US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development lists three different statewide programs in Wyoming that provide homeowner assistance.

Help with Energy

Wyoming’s Low Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP) helps single mother homeowners and renters pay for heating from November through June, whether you use electricity, natural gas, propane, wood, diesel heating oil, coal, or pellets. You can also get help weatherizing your home so that you pay less in heating bills through the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).

Help with Telephone Bills

Wyoming’s Telephone Assistance Program (TAP) is available through telephone companies to help you maintain a phone, landline, cable, or cell phone. If you’re enrolled in at least one of Wyoming’s other assistance programs (SNAP, LIEAP, Medicaid, etc.), you’ll be eligible for TAP.

Childcare assistance for single moms

Low-income families where the parent(s) are working or in school can get help paying for childcare through The Child Care Subsidy Program.

Help with Medical Care

Wyoming’s Department of Health has lots of different programs to help people get the medical care they need. Wyoming Medicaid helps low-income single mothers get affordable healthcare. And you can get affordable healthcare for needy children through the Kid Care CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program). The Maternal and Child Health Unit has all kinds of programs for moms and their babies. You can also find a list of foundations in Wyoming that give grants to individuals, mostly focused on those facing serious medical challenges and bills, at Nonprofit Expert. Scroll further down that page to find those foundations that can help.

Help with Legal Matters

Legal Aid of Wyoming is a non-profit law firm funded by the federal government to provide legal assistance and representation to low-income single mothers free of charge. Its main office is in Cheyenne and additional offices can be found in Casper, Lander, Rock Springs and Gillette. People can apply by calling the hotline at 1-877-432-9955.

Help from Community Action Agencies

Wyoming has a network of regional and county agencies that can assist you to get the help you need:

Carbon County Community Action Committee (307) 328-2670

Community Action of Laramie County, Inc. (307) 635-9291

Community Action Partnership of Natrona County (307) 232-0124

Community Resource Center Jackson (307) 684-7933

Council of Community Services Gillette (307) 686-2730

Northwest CAP of Wyoming (NOWCAP) (307) 347-6185

Uinta County Human Services (307) 789-7194

Yellowstone Country Assistance Network – Park County (307) 754-2073

Sponsored links