It’s not uncommon to feel like you need a little help with your bills from time to time. On this page, residents of Lancaster will be able to see where and how they can apply for assistance with bills.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services offers a TANF program that grants temporary cash loans to low-income families in need. These funds are to be used for basic needs such as food, childcare and healthcare services. To apply for or enquire about the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, call the Lancaster County Assistance Office at 717-299-7411.
Help With Food for single mothers in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank can help families and individuals in need of emergency food supplies and they can also provide extended food assistance to eligible community members. Should you wish to apply for food assistance, you can contact the Food Bank at 717-564-1700.
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
The Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness assists community members facing homelessness with emergency shelter and housing assistance programs. Their assistance programs might also include services such as food and healthcare to needy individuals and families. You can call the office at 717-544-8296 to enquire about what they can do for you.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Heating and cooling cost assistance is available to Lancaster community members that meet federal requirements. LIHEAP is administered locally by the Lancaster County Assistance Office, and as such, you can call them at 717-299-7543 to start your energy assistance application process.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Since LifeLine is a federally-funded telephone discount program, it is available to eligible low-income households of all states and territories. The LifeLine program is provided locally by Verizon. You can call them at 800-256-4646 should you wish to apply for LifeLine benefits.
Help With Childcare
Low-income families that meet work and income requirements might be eligible to receive child care assistance from the Office of Child Care and Education. To apply for either Keystone STARS or the Child Care Works program, call the County Assistance Office at 717-299-7411.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Pennsylvania Medicaid program caters to low-income community members that cannot afford healthcare services and would like to gain access to quality, affordable medical and dental care services. You may apply for MA by calling the County Assistance Office at 717-299-7411.
Help With Legal Matters
Lancaster residents can call to enquire with any one of the following legal organizations should they be in need of affordable or pro bono legal assistance:
Domestic Violence Legal Clinic 717-291-5826
Community Impact Legal Services 610-380-7111
ACCESS York 717-846-5400
Community Justice Project 610-370-7296
Pennsylvania Client Assistance Project 888-745-2357
Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network 717-236-9486
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania 610-275-5400
Help With Financial Counseling
Tabor Community Services provides free financial counseling to members of the Lancaster County community in order to help them become self-reliant. You can call Tabor at 717-397-5182 if you are interested in taking control of your finances.
Help From Other Groups
Lancaster County Council of Churches provides food assistance, clothing provisions, and emergency assistance to needy members of the community during times of crisis. Should you be in need of help, you can call them at 717-291-2261 to see how they are able to assist you.
We hope that you’ve found this page helpful as a resource for finding assistance programs that can lend a helping hand to residents of Lancaster.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers