New Jersey is helpful to the residents who need financial assistance. Some assistance programs require only low payments every month, while others provide services at no cost. Look into your options in New Brunswick.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
WorkFirst NJ is connected to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), which gives cash assistance to low-income families. General Assistance (GA) gives cash benefits to individuals without children. Five years is the limit for each recipient.
Contact your local welfare agency in New Brunswick to apply for benefits. Call (732) 745-3500 for an office in Middlesex County.
Help with Food for single mothers
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
The organization includes a Community Kitchen, Kids Café, and Family Pack program. There is also a mobile pantry and Emergency Assistance Pantry (EAP). Contact an EAP representative at (609) 383-8843 or email@example.com.
Housing benefits for single mothers
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen has emergency sheltering and transitional housing available. Contact the Ozanam family shelter at (732) 985-0327 for homeless women and families in Edison. Contact the Ozanam Inn (732) 729-0850 for men in New Brunswick. Call the Naomi’s Way at (732) 565-7974 for transitional housing available to mothers in New Brunswick.
To contact this organization, call 1-732-324-8200 or submit a question or comment through the online form.
Utilities help for single mothers
Look into joining the Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) program. Review facts about eligibility based on income and enrollment. Download an application online and submit it to your application agency in Middlesex County. For additional questions, call (800) 510-3102.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Help with Childcare
The New Jersey Division of Family Development has several programs for parents in need of affordable childcare. There is childcare provided at your home, at a licensed center or at an approved provider’s home.
For further assistance, call 1-800-332-9227 for the helpline. Community Child Care Solutions for Middlesex County is available at (732) 324-4357. Also, contact Middlesex County Board of Social Services in New Brunswick at (732) 745-3500.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
The state of New Jersey has affordable Medicaid healthcare plans for applicants. You must be a state resident and meet income requirements. NJ FamilyCare is another form of affordable health insurance. Contact 1-800-701-0710 to learn more. Check your eligibility and apply on their website.
Find a long list of free and income-based clinics in New Brunswick. Services include dental care, women’s health, children’s care and mental health.
Call 1-800-356-1561 for Medicaid questions. In addition, contact the Middlesex County Board of Social Services in New Brunswick at (732) 745-3500.
Help with Legal Matters
The nonprofit providers of Central Jersey Legal Services work with qualified, low-income residents. They work with numerous housing issues, such as evictions and foreclosures, child custody, domestic violence, bankruptcy, debt collection, public benefits and more. Determine your eligibility and call the New Brunswick office at (732) 249-7600, stop by, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help with Financial Counseling
Family Guidance Center helps people with financial issues. They offer debt management services, housing related services and representative payee services for SSI recipients. Set your appointment by calling (609) 586-2574 or visiting the Consumer Credit Counseling office in Hamilton.
Help from Other Groups
The Salvation Army New Brunswick Corps has a wide range of services for the community including after school programs, childcare services, clothing distributions, feeding programs and emergency sheltering. Contact them at (732) 545-1477 to learn more.
No one likes to struggle with paying their bills. When the problem becomes too much to bear, it is time to reach out the organizations in your community that are prepared to help you.