Whether you need help with food, cash, or utilities, this page will help you find suitable assistance programs available to residents of Newark.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
Families with children can apply for cash assistance provided by the Ohio Works First program, which forms part of the federal TANF program. If you think you might be eligible for benefits, you can contact the department of Jobs & Family Services at 740-670-8988 or visit the website to start your application for OWF.
Help With Food assistance for single mothers
The St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry forms part of the Licking County Food Pantry Network and can help you with emergency food supplies as well as ongoing food support services if you are eligible for benefits. Call the office a 740-34908425 or visit their website to find out more about program requirements or to apply for help.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Housing grants for single mothers
The Licking County Coalition of Housing provides housing assistance services to members of the community that are homeless or on a low income. They also offer emergency shelter as well as transitional housing sites. To apply for help, you can either visit the website or call the office at 740-345-1970.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LEADS is a local nonprofit community service organization that provides a range of community development services, one of which includes assistance with energy and utilities. They administer HEAP, the Summer Crisis Program, the Winter Crisis Program, and the Percentage of Income Payment Plan, which all aim to help less-fortunate households with their home energy. To apply for help, call the office at 740-349-8606 or visit the website for more details.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
LifeLine is a federal telephone discount program made available to eligible low-income households working through a registered service provider. To apply for LifeLine, you can get in touch with AT&T by visiting their website or by calling them at 1-888-256-5378.
Help With Childcare
The Child Care Assistance Program administered by the Licking County Job and Family Services provides relief for families with minor children that need aid for childcare. You can apply for the subsidized child care program by visiting the website or by calling the office at 740-670-8988.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
As a state and federally-funded healthcare program, Medicaid can help you gain access to quality, affordable medical and dental care services if you do not have health insurance. You can learn more about the benefits of Medicaid by visiting the website. Alternatively, to start your Medicaid application process, call the LCJFS office at 740-670-8988.
Help With Legal Matters
Southeastern Ohio Legal Services can help those on a low-income with their legal matters, given that the nature of the case is non-criminal. To see if you are eligible to receive help from SEOLS you can consult the website or call their office at 800-589-5888.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Hopewell Federal Credit Union can help you get your finances back on track thanks to their free financial counseling courses. If you would like more information on the programs, you can either visit their website or contact them at 740-522-8311.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army of Newark provides a soup kitchen, emergency shelter, a food pantry, utility assistance, counseling services, and social services, all in the aim of assisting less-fortunate community members that face times of crisis. Should you wish to apply for help, you can call them at 740-345-8120 or visit their website for more information.
We hope that this resource guide has shown Newark residents that there are various ways to go about the process of applying for help with their bills.