While New York is served by a range of assistance programs, there are certain programs that are only available to residents of certain areas. This page has been compiled specifically to help residents of Niagara Falls find the help they need when they need it.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
TANF is available to needy families as part of a federal initiative. Families in need have the option of applying for Temporary Assistance or Safety Net Assistance. You can read more about the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program online, but if you have any queries, you can contact the Welfare office at 716-278-8400.
Help With Food for single mothers
The Niagara County Food Distribution Food Bank of Western New York is managed by the Niagara Community Action Program, Inc. The food bank aims to relief hunger in the community with a range of food programs and emergency food supplies to those in need. To apply for help, you may visit the website to see where to find a food pantry near you.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Crisis & Community Services outreach of Niagara Falls provides emergency shelter for members of the community facing homelessness. They can also help you apply for housing assistance services provided by the Department of Social Services. For more details, call the office at 716-285-3404 or visit their website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
HEAP is an energy assistance program that caters to low-income members of the community that need help with their home energy costs. The Home Energy Assistance Program can provide funding for utility bills along with weatherization programs for families that qualify for assistance. To apply for HEAP, you can either visit the website or call the office at 716-278-8400.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Government assistance is available for telephone bills through the LifeLine program. Low-income customers that qualify for benefits can receive discounts on their monthly phone bills if they register with an accredited service provider. To apply for LifeLine, you can call Verizon Wireless by calling the office at 800-256-4646 or by visiting their website.
Childcare grants for single mothers
NPA Daycare Assistance is available to low-income families with minor children if they meet program requirements. The subsidized program is administered by the Community Child Care Clearing House. You can visit their website for full program details or alternatively call the office at 716-439-7656.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is a federally-funded healthcare initiative that provides medical and dental care assistance to low-income persons based on their income and current situations. To apply for Medicaid, you can contact the N.Y. State Department of Health at 1-855-355-577 or submit an application form via the online portal.
Help With Legal Matters
Low-income community members can apply for free or reduced-cost legal help from the Niagara North Community Legal Assistance clinic. To see how they can help you with your legal issues, visit the website today or call the office at 905-682-6635.
Help With Financial Counseling
Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Buffalo can provide you with free financial counseling services if you are facing a financial crisis and need help getting things back on track. Their website provides full program details, but you can also call the office at 716-712-2060 to set up your appointment.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army of Niagara Falls has a food pantry on offer for members of the community that face times of hardship. They also have a youth and community center and offer educational programs along with their other assistance initiatives. You can visit their website to learn more about what they do and how they can help you. For any queries, call the office at 716-283-7697.
This page should have directed you to the right resources where you are able to apply for help in the Niagara Falls area if you are ever in need.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers