The following programs are designed to assist single mothers and other low-income groups in Nogales, Arizona to get the financial assistance they need.
Single mothers should get cash assistance for food, clothing and shelter. Apply online or contact your DES office to get involved. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Handle your basic food needs at a food bank or enroll in an assistance program. Apply for Nutrition Assistance (NA) online. If you cannot apply online, contact your DES office to get started. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Catholic Community Services (CCS) has transitional and senior housing programs along with counseling for renters and home buyers. See how to get help at a local CCS center. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Get help paying your energy bills through Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). A Community Action Agency (CAA) should provide you with direct assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
The Lifeline program exists to help single mothers pay their home and cell phone bills. Income eligible users receive hundreds of minutes at a low cost. Download your application online and send it to the Frontier office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Low-cost child care services are guaranteed to families that qualify. Application forms are available on the DES site. Contact the local DES office to choose from a list of certified child care providers. For further assistance, visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid has affordable programs to cover the medical needs of single mothers and their children. Families are covered for prenatal care, dental services, prescription drugs and more. Applying online is the easiest method. Your DES office has more information about the types of programs. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Legal issues are handled by the Southern Arizona Legal Aid. Volunteer lawyers provide free or low-cost assistance to qualified clients. Contact your local office by phone or in person. You can also start the pre-application process online. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
The National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) helps with issues that affect low-income people, such as bankruptcy, bad credit, foreclosure and debt. Speak to a counselor at (800) 388-2227 or submit an online form for assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
Additional help is provided by the Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona. Along with basic food and clothing services, they have counseling, domestic violence programs, transitional housing and youth centers. Contact a nearby location and/or visit the website link for more information.
Helping single-parent families is crucial to the improvement of society. With the help of governments and nonprofit organizations, you can get assistance when you need it.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers