There is no reason to end up on the streets of North Las Vegas. You should not struggle month after month to pay your utility bills either. In this large, busy city, you’ll find plenty of resources for help with low income.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
North Las Vegas participates in a program called Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Low-income families receive temporary funds to pay for bills. Apply for TANF online through the Access Nevada link. For more information on cash assistance and similar programs, contact the closest office in Nevada.
Food benefits for single mothers
Three Square provides food assistance to thousands of people across Nevada. This organization works closely with local schools, homeless shelters and SNAP program providers. Call (702) 765-4030 to learn more about services near your area.
For emergency food assistance, find a Three Square Food Bank near you.
Housing help for single mothers
The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) helps low-income families in need of good, affordable housing. There are various types of programs available, including the Family Unification Program (FUP), Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA) and Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program (VASH). To become eligible, you must meet income and family size requirements.
Apply for affordable housing online through HUD (Housing and Urban Development). The eligibility requirements differ with each community.
There are dozens of homeless shelters and transitional houses available in North Las Vegas. The most well-known providers are the Salvation Army, Las Vegas Rescue Mission and 0.U.T.R.E.A.C.H.
Help with Utilities for single mothers
Every family can benefit from cutting their energy bills in half. The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) cuts energy costs in low-income households. Starting in June, apply online or mail in an application received from your local welfare office. You must meet basic income and residency requirements. Call the Las Vegas office at (702) 486-1404 or (800) 992-0900 to learn more about the program.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline Nevada provides help for phone and Internet bills. Apply for this program or ask more questions by calling 1-866-901-0152. You must meet income limits and participate in a public assistance program, such as SNAP or Section 8 Assistance.
Childcare grants for single mothers
Apply for child care assistance through the Nevada Division of Welfare Services. The Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Child Care Program helps low-income families on public assistance. Submit an online application for child care subsidy. If you have questions, call the North Las Vegas office at 1-702-473-9400 or contact a local welfare office.
Medical grants for single mothers
Apply for medical assistance online through the Nevada Division of Welfare Services. The medical coverage is provided for free or at a low cost. Receive coverage for numerous services, including prescription drugs, doctor’s visits and dental care. You can apply for Medicaid, Medical Assistance to Aged, Blind and Disabled (MAABD), the Qualified Health Plan or the Medicare Beneficiaries program.
Apply for your program of choice at the local welfare officeorcall (702) 486-1646. To see if you qualify, apply for an online prescreening through Access Nevada.
Help with Legal Matters
Find a nonprofit organization like the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada (LACSN) to help with your legal matters. They work on cases that involve children, veterans and senior citizens. For low-income individuals, they handle matters of bankruptcy, debt collection, foreclosures, identity theft and Social Security. They also provide legal assistance to those applying for public assistance.
Help with Financial Counseling
Many people do not know how to manage their finances properly, so they end up heavily in debt. The ACCC helps people with issues that involve student loans, credit cards, bankruptcy and housing. Apply online to speak to a credit counselor or call 800-769-3571.
Help from Other Groups
Need additional help paying your bills? The Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas has volunteers who build habitat homes and improve communities. The ReStore project sells discounted furniture, appliances and home construction materials. Contact the Sahara ReStore location at (702) 638-7736 or the Flamingo ReStore location at (702) 458-1640.
No one should struggle to make ends meet. Whether you need transitional housing or emergency food, find the assistance program that works for you.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers