There are many types of assistance programs designed to assist U.S. citizens during times of financial hardships. On this page, we’ll show residents of North Richland Hills what their options are as far as assistance goes.
Cash Assistance programs for single mothers
As a federally-funded program, the Texas TANF program acts as a supportive service to families with children. You may apply for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families if you have minor children and meet income requirements. To start your application process, contact the Texas Department of Human Services at 1-800-448-3927.
Help With Food programs for single mothers
The Tarrant Area Food Bank supplies emergency food items to families and individuals facing times of crisis. They also assist eligible applicants on an ongoing basis. You can apply for food assistance by calling the office at 817-857-7100.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing programs for single mothers
The Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County can help you if you are facing homelessness. They offer both emergency shelter and housing assistance programs to community members in need. If you would like to apply for housing assistance or need emergency shelter, you may contact them at 817-339-2553.
Help With Energy and Utilities programs for single mothers
CEAP is the Texas Utility and Energy assistance program that aims to help eligible households with the payment of their utility bills and the lowering of their home energy costs. Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program participants can also receive weatherization programs to help them make their homes more energy efficient. To apply for CEAP, call the Energy Assistance Office at 877-541-7905.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
As a government initiative, the Texas LifeLine program offers discounted landline service costs to consumers on a limited income that apply for benefits through an accredited service provider. If you would like to learn more about LifeLine or start your application process, you can get in touch with the LITE-UP Texas Hotline at 866-454-8387.
Help With Childcare
Head Start is a federally-funded child care assistance program that is available to low-income families with children between the ages of 3 and 12. The program is administered locally by Child Care Associates, and as such, you can call them at 817-838-0055 to apply for child care assistance.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is available to low-income families and individuals that reside in Texas if they meet income requirements and cannot afford private healthcare services. As a public healthcare assistance program, Medicaid is administered by the Health and Human Services. You can call the DHHS at 1-800-735-2989 if you would like to apply for medical assistance.
Help With Legal Matters
If you’re looking for pro bono or affordable legal assistance services, you can get in touch with any one of the following legal organizations:
Legal Aid of Northwest Texas 817-336-3943
Tarrant County Bar Association 817-335-1239
Tarrant County Area Agency on Aging 817-258-8081
NAACP Justice Project 817-332-8919
Advocacy, Inc. 817-336-0075
Help From Other Groups
Tarrant County Hands of Hope works to end homelessness in Tarrant and surrounding counties. They offer financial counseling services, emergency shelter, transitional housing, and housing assistance programs. They can also assist the homeless with emergency food and clothing supplies as well as basic healthcare services. You may call them at 817-298-2779 to enquire about program specifics or to apply for help.
North Richland Hills residents should now be armed with all the information they’ll need to reach out and apply for help if the time calls for it.