Single mothers residing in Oakdale can use this resource as a guide to services that are available in their county for them to approach and apply for assistance during times of financial distress.
If one or more parents is not available to contribute to the expenses related to looking after children, CalWORKs can provide limited assistance in form of cash benefits. For more information about how you can receive assistance from this program, visit the Stanislaus County website or call the Community Service Agency office at 209-558-2500.
Help With Food
CalFresh is the program that formerly used to be called the Food Stamps. It is aimed at supplementing the budgets of families that struggle to provide nutritious meals. Single mothers who want to know more about how they can receive assistance from this program can visit the website or call the office of the Community Services Agency at 209-558-2500.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Habitat For Humanity Stanislaus County assists families that are within 35- 80% of the Area’s Median Income Determination. You can visit their website to access the application process or call their office at 209-575-4585 ext. 111.
Help With Energy and Utilities
If you are already in possession of a 48 hour, or final disconnection notice you can approach the Emergency Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) payment line at 209-537-9217. To know more about how you can benefit from the LIHEAP assistance program, you can visit the website.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Truconnect is a California Lifeline provider which provides assistance to eligible consumers. The program is limited to one member per household. Single mothers who wish to get started with the application process visit the website.
Help With Childcare
Single mothers who require assistance with child support services can turn to the Stanislaus County Child Support services. To apply for this service you can visit the website where application forms can be accessed. You can call the office at 866-901-3212.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Residents of California who need help with paying for access to medical services can approach Medi-Cal. This program affords single mothers access to a number of medical services. For more information about how you can access this program, visit the website or call the office at 209-558-2500.
Help With Legal Matters
If you have any legal issues that require a pro bono lawyer you can turn to the Justia Lawyers website to access a list of services in which you can receive assistance.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Habitat for Humanity Stanislaus County provides credit counseling that provides information and tips on how to attain and maintain a good credit rating. Other courses single mothers can get from this organization include ways of managing debt, ways of reducing risks associated with identity theft and consumer credit rights. To gain more information about these programs, visit the website or call the office at 209-575-4585.
Help From Other Groups
The Catholic Charities Diocese of Stockton provides various services to vulnerable groups including single mothers. Some of their programs include Family Counseling Services, Parent Education Program, and Health Care access. Visit their website to see a full list of services they offer.
We hope that this guide has been a useful resource to single mothers who are looking for assistance to alleviate the burden during times of financial distress.