You have many options to get on top of your finances in Orem. Look through these resources and see if any of the organizations can help you.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Orem, Utah
Utah has a Department of Workforce Services (DWS) that provides cash assistance. Enroll in a program for families or adults without dependents. Applicants must qualify before they apply online, call (801) 526-0950 or look for the closest provider in their area.
Help with Food for single mothers in Orem, Utah
On the DWS website, apply for food stamps also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). See if you qualify before applying online or in person at a DWS office. You can call for an appointment at (801) 526-0950.
Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Orem, Utah
Contact the Provo Homeless Shelter at (801) 373-1825 for emergency sheltering and transitional housing. Find emergency assistance through the DWS Homeless Prevention Program. For victims of domestic violence, contact the Center for Women and Children in Crisis at (801) 691-5465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Housing Authority of Utah County has Section 8 housing, HAUC properties and weatherization programs available. See if you qualify to live in their affordable housing units. Call the main office at (801) 373-8333 or the weatherization office at (801) 344-5184.
Help with Energy and Utilities for single mothers in Orem, Utah
Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program is your source for energy assistance during the winter or all year long. Check your eligibility and call the Utah County office at (801) 229-3855. For more information on affordable energy programs, contact your local DWS office.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Help with Childcare
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Find Medicaid available to income eligible Utah residents. An income eligibility chart is found on the DWS website. Learn more about Medicaid programs and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Apply online or in person at a DWS office.
Help with Legal Matters
Featherstone Family Law provides representation for divorce, child custody or support and other family law cases. Call the Orem office at (801) 960-3359 or (866) 434-0523.
Open Legal Services has affordable legal services for residents in Orem and other cities. Call the office at (801) 433-9915 or stop by.
Help with Financial Counseling
United Way of Utah County has financial counseling services for debtors, homeowners and low-income individuals. Call (801) 374-2588 or fill out an online form.
Help from Other Groups
Food and Care Coalition is a source of sheltering, hygiene products, utility assistance and free meals. Contact them in Provo by calling 801 373 1825.
In Utah, find local, state and federal programs available to low-income individuals. These programs are designed to help you and your family in Orem.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers