As a single mother, it can be hard to keep a steady job, care for the kids, and run a household, all on one income. That’s why there are programs designed to lend some help to those who need it most. On this page, we’ll show you where and how to apply for help as a single mom in Oshkosh.
The W-2 assistance program provides employment and cash help to single mothers living in Wisconsin, given that they have minor children and are willing to participate in program-related work activities. Should you wish to apply for benefits, you may call the Wisconsin Works Office at 855-757-4529 or visit the website to submit an application online.
Help With Food
Designed as a source of supplementary food supplies, the Wisconsin FoodShare program can help you purchase nutritious foods for your family with electronic benefits. Get in touch with the FoodShare Member Services Office at 1-800-362-3002 or visit the website to find an agency in your area that can help you with your application.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers that need help with their rental payments or need help with finding affordable housing can get in touch with the Oshkosh County Housing Authority, to apply for their affordable rental housing assistance programs. They can be contacted online or by calling the office at 920-424-1450.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Providing weatherization programs and utility bill payment assistance, the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program can help make home energy costs more affordable. Certain work and income requirements do apply but low-income families can apply to see if they qualify for assistance by getting in touch with the Energy Helpline either online or by calling the office at 1-866-432-8947.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
A monthly savings of roughly $9 can be applied to your landline service charges if you qualify for the LifeLine Telephone Discount Program. Single mothers looking to apply must contact a registered service provider in their area, and in this case, SafeLink Wireless is the answer. Contact them online or at 1-800-723-3546 to enquire about or enroll for the LifeLine program.
Help With Childcare
If you are on a limited income, are working, and would like to get help with the payment of child care services, you can check to see if you qualify for Wisconsin Shares. The program is a subsidized child care assistance initiative, and single mothers may apply online or by contacting the Child Care Coordinator’s Office at 920-729-2743.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
BadgerCare Plus can help single mothers living in Wisconsin ensure that their families are covered for healthcare services at no or very low costs. Certain income and work criteria must be met in order to qualify for benefits. To apply for BadgerCare Plus, head to the website or contact the Healthcare Helpline at 1-888-409-1979.
Help With Legal Matters
Legal Action of Wisconsin can assist you if you need help with a non-criminal legal matter and you cannot afford the services of a lawyer. Those on a very limited income with a high need for assistance can get in touch with LAW by calling them at 920-233-6521 or by visiting their website.
Help From Other Groups
The Women’s Fund is an organization that strives to empower women that are struggling with finances, and they aim to help these women become self-sufficient. To see how they can help you as a single mother, visit their website or call them today at 920-426-3993.
And that concludes our highlights of assistance programs. We hope that you’ve found a program that might benefit you as a single mother, living in Oshkosh.