Single mothers residing in Paradise in the Butte Country can use this page to find and apply for assistance programs in their county to help them alleviate financial difficulties.
CalWORKs is a program designed to offer assistance to families that face cash shortages to pay for housing, utilities, food supplies, clothing and medical services. Single mothers who find themselves in need of assistance can visit the website to access the application forms and to learn more about the eligibility requirements.
Help With Food
The CalFresh program assists low-income households struggling to provide adequate food. This used to be known as Food Stamps. Single mothers who receive assistance under this program can any use the assistance for buying food. To find out about eligibility requirements, visit the website.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of the County of Butte offers assistance to families in distress to find either permanent or temporary accommodation. To view a list of the areas and availability of assistance, visit their website or call their office at 530-895-4474.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH) program can assist if you are a single mother resident in Paradise facing challenges meeting your energy bills. The aim of this program is to assist vulnerable groups including single mothers to keep their PG&E turned on even during a crisis. Visit their website to find out if you qualify.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The California Lifeline Program is aimed at ensuring that qualifying low-income households enjoy the benefits of the opportunities brought about by having a phone such as access to employment, emergency services, and aid. Visit their website to find out more information about their programs.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medi-Cal assists households with limited income in paying their medical bills. The funds come from the federal and state taxes. To qualify for this program, single mothers should prove that they reside in California and they are either United States Citizens or permanent residents. To find out more about the program visit the website.
Help With Legal Matters
The Justia Lawyers website lists both legal services and phone numbers for the different offices found around Butte County where households and individual requiring legal assistance can turn to. If you are a single mother with a legal matter that is noncriminal, visit the website to get more information.
Help With Financial Counseling
Chico offers free consultations for debt counseling. Single mothers who feel that they are no longer able to manage their debt can visit the website or call 888-989-0608 to set up an appointment for a free counseling session.
Help From Other Groups
The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. lists programs aimed at promoting the financial well-being of community members. Some of the listed programs include the Energy Efficiency Training Academy (EETA) and the asset Building Program. Single mothers can visit the website to learn more or call the offices at 530-895-1848 to learn more.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your quest to find different forms of assistance for yourself and your family.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers