This guide has been put together to assist single mothers in Paragould, Greene County to identify programs that can benefit their households during periods of financial difficulty.
Using the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, the Arkansas Department of Works aims at helping families to live together. This is done through the provision of services and resources that encourage families to work towards self-reliance. To find out what assistance you can receive from this program, visit the website.
Help With Food
SNAP offers assistance to single mothers who face challenges providing adequate food for their families. Households that receive SNAP benefits must use the assistance to buy food that will provide nutrition. More information about other programs can be obtained on the website or by calling the office at 870.236.8723.
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Paragould Housing Authority provides housing solutions for low-income households according to their needs. Single mothers who approach the Paragould Housing Authority can get access to houses equipped with big rooms, facilities for exercising, and areas for laundry. To find out more about this program, call the office at 800-285-1121 or visit the website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Arkansas Department of Human Services offers assistance with energy and utility bills. The Arkansas energy office, through its Weatherization Assistance Program, can assist households to save energy. To apply for help through Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, visit the website or call the office at 870-236-8723.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
True Wireless provides subsidized and discounted wireless services to qualifying households. In order for single mothers to qualify for this program, they must meet the eligibility criteria listed on the website. If you already participate in any of the assistance programs such as Supplementary Security Scheme or LIHEAP, you can apply to this program. Call the office at 877-412-1919 for more details.
Help With Childcare
The Child Care Assistance program is available for low-income families. In order for single mothers to qualify for this assistance, they have to meet certain eligibility criteria including being employed for at least 30 hours per week or involvement in full-time education and training initiatives. For more details on this program visit the website or call the office at 870-236-8723.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid offers assistance for low-income households to pay for their medical expenses. To get more information about the assistance you can receive from this program visit the website.
Help With Legal Matters
Legal Aid Arkansas provides legal aid to enable low-income families to gain access to justice. If your case involves family law, evictions or rental issues, bankruptcy or consumer rights, you can visit the website to apply for legal aid. Call the office at 870-972-9224.
Help With Financial Counseling
The services of CCOA available to single mothers include debt management, credit report review and assistance in dealing with bankruptcy. To find out more about how your household can benefit from this assistance visit the website or call the office at 479-521-8877 0r 800-889-4916.
Help From Other Groups
The Mission Outreach of Northeast Arkansas offers shelter, a soup kitchen, a food pantry, medical clinic, rent, and fuel amongst others. More details about this program can be found on the website or by calling 870-236-1216.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your search to find different forms of support for yourself and your family.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers