The state of California and the U.S. government have resources to help single mothers who are struggling financially, here are a list of places you can contact.
Cash assistance for single mothers is available in Los Angeles County. Eligible children and their parents are served through the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program. Apply online or contact your local Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Getting help for food is possible with the CalFresh program. Single parents can increase the food budgets for themselves and their children. Apply online or find the county welfare office nearest you. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
The DPSS Housing Program has various resources for homeless and at-risk homeless families. The Homeless Assistance Program provides payments for temporary or permanent housing. Find the services you need at a local CalWorks office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps home and apartment dwellers who need to pay their gas or electric bills. Become eligible based on your household income and the costs of your energy bills. Call the helpline at (213) 353-1226 or (213) 353-1228. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is the LifeLine provider for low-income single mothers living in Paramount. Get a free basic phone and free, unlimited minutes. Make your request online or download a request sheet. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Affordable child care is within the reach of many single mothers living in Paramount. Enroll in a CalWORKs Child Care Program if you are eligible based on income, the child’s age and family size. Find your local LA county office to apply. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
DPPS has free or low-cost healthcare programs for mothers, children, seniors and disabled people. Medi-Cal is the official program for needy residents in that state. Apply for benefits online, by mail or in person at a district office in Paramount. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Get low-income legal help from the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. If you meet the federal poverty guidelines, get help for employment, eviction, public benefits, housing and domestic violence issues. Call (800) 399-4529 to learn more about self-help center. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Financial counselors at the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union provide free help for problems with credit card debt, budgeting concerns and student loan debt. Call member services at (818) 242-5812 or drop by a branch location. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
United Way serves the people of LA County with child development programs, elderly abuse hotlines and disaster relief services. Call 2-1-1 for direct assistance, or visit the website link for more information.
Single mothers sometimes need a helping hand, and these organizations may be able to help. Give them a call to see if you qualify.