Single mothers living in Parkersburg can use this guide to help you find and apply for assistance programs in your county which can be useful during times of financial hardships.
The West Virginia Health and Human Resources department administers WV Works, a cash assistance program that can provide single mothers with cash loans in order to help them pay for basic needs such as food, housing, and child care expenses. Check to see if you qualify for benefits by visiting the website or by contacting the office at 304-558-0628.
Help With Food
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is available to single mothers who meet work and income requirements, in order to provide them with a supplemental food source during times of financial crisis. Electronic benefits derived from the SNAP program can be used to purchase foods at participating retailers. To apply for SNAP, contact the Bureau of Children and Families’ Client Services at 1-800-642-8589 or visit the website for more information.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Parkersburg Housing Authority has a Public Housing Department, which can help those looking for transitional housing or an emergency shelter. PHA can also help you apply for low-cost housing programs, as provided by the U.S. government. You can visit their website to learn more about the programs or to apply for assistance.
Help With Energy and Utility Bills
The LIEAP assistance program can help single mothers save on their home heating costs by providing them with payment assistance services. The program is administered by the Division of Family Assistance, and certain work and income requirements must be met before assistance can be granted. You can apply for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program by contacting the office at 304-558-0628 or by submitting an online application form, found on the website.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
LifeLine Telephone Assistance is a nationwide discount program that can be applied to the telephone service bills of qualifying low-income households. LifeLine can help you save on the cost of your monthly telephone bills by providing you with pre-loaded discounts, but you must apply for assistance via a registered service provider. Call Frontier at 1-800-921-8101 or visit their website to start your application process.
Help With Childcare
The Child Care Program of West Virginia can help single mothers save on the cost of their child care expenses. You’ll have to apply for assistance with the Division of Early Care & Education if you meet income and work requirements. More details and program specifics can be found online or by calling the Child Care Coordinator’s office at 304-558-0628.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you would like to get medical and dental care coverage for yourself and your children, you may be eligible for the federal Medicaid program. Medicaid provides those on a limited income with access to a range of healthcare services. Should you wish to apply for benefits, you can either submit an online application or contact the Centers for Medicaid and CHIP at 304-558-0628.
Help With Legal Matters
If you have a non-criminal legal matter that you need help with, but cannot afford the services of a lawyer, you should get in touch with Legal Aid of West Virginia. They provide free and low-cost legal assistance. The office can be contacted at 1-866-255-4370, or you can also visit their website to apply for help online.
Help With Financial Counseling
The National Foundation of Credit Counseling can assist single mothers that are looking for ways to better manage their debt. They partner with a wide range of local service providers to ensure that counseling is available in various counties and cities. Call them on 800-388-2227 or go online to learn more about what NFCC can do for you.
We hope that this page has guided single mothers living in Parkersburg towards finding suitable assistance programs.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers