This has been put together as a resource for single mothers living in the area of Parlier in the Fresno County who are looking for assistance services to alleviate the challenges brought about by financial distress.
The Fresno County’s Department of Social Services offers assistance to vulnerable individuals including parents looking after children below the age of 19, single adults who do not have children and disabled immigrants. Single mothers who want to know more about how they can benefit from this assistance can visit the website or call the department on 559-600-5956 or 800-742-1011.
Help With Food
The Fresno County’s Department of Social Services offers a program that assists low-income families to afford food. If you visit the department website you will see other initiatives such as the California Women, Infants, and Children program and the Community Food Bank. Call the department at 559-600-5956 or 800-742-1011.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The aim of the Fresno Housing Authority is to create and sustain communities that are vibrant through the development of housing that is not only affordable but also of a good quality. Single mothers who want to learn more about how they can benefit from this initiative can visit the website or call the office at 559-443-8400 or 800-735-2929.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Through the Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission, low-income households including those headed by single mothers can access programs such as the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). To find out more about the eligibility criteria, visit the commission website or call the office at 559-263-1000.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers who would like to gain access to the opportunities offered by having a telephone by cannot afford one can turn to Truconnect, a California Lifeline program. More information about the two ways by which you can qualify can be obtained by visiting the website.
Help With Childcare
There are three stages through which single mothers enrolled into the CalWORKs Child Care Program can go through. More information concerning these stages can be obtained on the website or by calling the County’s Department of Social Services at 559-600-3713.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you are struggling to afford medical care, the Fresno County’s Department of Social Services can assist you through any one of its various programs. To gain more information about these programs, visit the website or call the department at 559-600-5956.
Help With Legal Matters
Through the departments of Consumer services, Education, Family Law and Immigration, Health, Housing, and Public Benefits, the Central California Legal Services can offer assistance to single mothers who require legal help. More information can be obtained on their website or by calling at 559-570-1200 or 800-675-8001 Toll-Free.
Help With Financial Counseling
Clearpoint provides services related to debt counseling, housing and budgeting. Single mothers who want to learn more about this service can visit their website or call the office at 559-255-3731.
Help From Other Groups
The aim of the Catholic Charities of Fresno is to empower communities through the provision of assistance where it is needed most. To learn more about the kind of assistance you can receive from this charity, visit their website.
We hope that the information contained in this guide has been useful to single mothers residing in the Parlier area to identify and apply for assistance services in their county during times when they are vulnerable.