The decision to take financial assistance is not an easy one. However, there are Franklin County providers that will help you get through the process.
Cash Assistance for single moms
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary funds to eligible families in Washington. Economic Services Administration (ESA) has at least two other cash assistance programs known as State Family Assistance (SFA) and Diversion Cash Assistance. Apply for TANF on the Washington Connection website.
To apply or check eligibility, contact a Community Services Office (CSO) near Pasco.
Help with Food for single moms
SNAP is available to all Washington residents who meet qualifications. You must meet low income and residency requirements. If you do not meet residency requirements, you can enroll in the Food Assistance Program (FAP). Apply for food benefits online or contact your CSO.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul has a food bank that distributes food on certain days of the week. Call (509) 544-9315 if you have questions.
Help with Shelter and Housing for single moms
The Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) program has housing assistance for disabled, low-income people. The local Homeless Prevention Service Provider for Franklin County is Benton and Franklin Coordinated Enty System (CES), which you can contact at (509) 737-3946.
Tri-City Union Gospel Mission in Pasco has shelters for men, women and children. They have transitional housing and job training programs. Call the men’s shelter at (509) 547-2112 and the shelter for women and children at (509) 547-2112. For questions, call (509) 547-2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benton Franklin Community Action Committee is another emergency shelter and housing assistance provider in Pasco. Call them at (509)545-4042.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Washington is involved in the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for qualified, low-income earners. Find out how to become eligible and make an appointment at Benton-Franklin Community Action Committee by calling (509) 545-4065.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Help with Childcare
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Review a list of medical programs provided by ESA. The main ones are Apple Health for Kids, Family Medical and the Pregnancy Medical Program. There is also healthcare coverage for aged, blind and disabled individuals and Apple Health for Workers with Disabilities (HWD) Program.
To see if you qualify and apply, go to the Washington Connections website. You can also call the CSO for Franklin County residents.
Help with Legal Matters
The Benton-Franklin Legal Aid Society handles legal issues for low-income residents in Franklin County. They handle cases about bankruptcy, debts, housing, disability, etc. Their number is (509) 221-1824 and an online contact form is available.
Help with Financial Counseling
Gesa Credit Union has a financial counseling program known as BALANCE. Go online or call (888) 456-2227 to get help for debt management, credit reports and money management.
Help from Other Groups
The Salvation Army Pasco Corps has a variety of services for the needy community. There is assistance for rent and housing along with food and clothing banks. There are annual Thanksgiving and Christmas events in addition to summer camp opportunities.
Pasco is a great place to live even for low-income residents. It is easy to find someone willing to lend a helping hand when you need it.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers