This guide has been made available for single mothers in the area of Patterson in Stanislaus County to identify and apply for assistance programs that can be of assistance during times of financial distress.
CalWORKs is a financial assistance program managed by the Community Services Agency. The assistance provided by this program is for a limited cash benefits arrangement for families with children affected by the absence of one or both the parents. To gain more information about how you can receive assistance from this program, visit the website or call the office at 209-558-2500.
Help With Food
Assistance received through the CalFresh program can only be used to exclusively purchase food items. Benefits are loaded into an Electronic Benefit (EBT) card. For more information about this program, visit the links on the website or call the office at 299-558-2500.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers in need of affordable single family units can approach Habitat for Humanity. The organization believes in giving a hand-up and not a handout. For more information about the application process, visit the website or call the office at 209-575-4585.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LIHEAP assistance programs are available for families faced with high energy needs but do not have enough money to meet the payments. If you have a vulnerable member of your households such as a young child or a disabled person, you may qualify for this assistance. Visit the website to learn more about this program or contact the office at 209-883-8222.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
If you or another member of your household currently receives assistance from another assistance program such as the Supplementary Security Income (SSI) or the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), then you could qualify for the California Lifeline discount. For more information about how you can benefit from this program, visit the website.
Help With Childcare
If you are attending a Welfare-to-Work activity, you may qualify for the Community Service Agency Child Care Program. To make an application for the Child Care Assistance you can visit the stanWORKs Child Care Program office and ask for an application form. You can also visit the website or call the office at 209-558-2500.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Single mothers who find themselves unable to afford payments related to access to medical services can approach Medi-Cal. For more information about the services offered under this program, visit the website or call the Community Services Agency office at 209-558-2500.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers faced with civil cases such as bankruptcy, employment law, family law and real estate law can visit the Justia Lawyers website where they can receive more information about legal aid and pro bono services available in their community.
Help With Financial Counseling
If you feel as if your debt is overwhelming you, you can do one of the courses offered by Habitat for Humanity. Visit their website or call the office at 209-575-4585.
Help From Other Groups
There is a total of six program areas that single mothers can benefit from offered by the Centre For Human Services. Visit their website or call the office at 209-526-1476.
We hope that this has been a useful resource in helping single mothers living in Patterson to find and apply for assistance services available in their community.