Many single mothers live, work and go to school on limited means. With so many helpful resources around, you can get financial assistance if you need it. Read the different ways that you can receive assistance in Payson, Arizona.
Afford the basic necessities that all single mothers and their families should have. You are eligible if you meet low income and family size requirements. Check your eligibility and apply online. To apply in person, find a Department of Economic Security (DES) office in your area. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Several food assistance programs exist to help low-income families. There is the Nutrition Assistance (NA) Program to give you access to nutritious foods, and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) to refer you to food banks. If you qualify, attend an eligibility interview and either apply online or download an application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Arizona Department of Housing offers the Community Action Program to eligible recipients. Get help to pay your rent or utilities, prevent eviction or pay your mortgage. Call (928) 474-1759 to learn more or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is your main provider for energy and utility assistance. The elderly, the disabled and very young children are special candidates for this program. Speak to an energy assistance representative at a local DES office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Frontier has a discounted Lifeline program to help you pay phone and Internet bills. Qualify if you meet federal poverty limits or participate in a public assistance program. Download an application and submit it to the Frontier Lifeline office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
DES Child Care is the financial assistance program for single mothers all over Arizona. Check your qualifications online, which are based on income and family size. Apply at a DES Child Care office near you, and visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Affordable Medicaid and Medicare services are available to needy families. AHCCCS Health Insurance is the official state program for qualified recipients based on their age, income and state residency. Apply for medical benefits online or contact a local DES office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Low-cost legal help is available through Community Legal Services (CLS). They handle tenant/landlord issues along with eviction, foreclosure and government assistance cases. Apply for help online, over the phone or at a local CLS office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
GreenPath counseling has services for bankruptcy, bad credit, student loans and low-income housing. To speak to a counselor, call (800) 550-1961 or show up at a local center. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
Payson Community Kids helps low-income single mothers and their children in Payson. Services include a literacy program and assistance programs for food, clothing and school supplies. Call (928) 478-7160 or drop by the office during open hours. Visit the website link for more information.
Low-income living for single mothers can be hard. Fortunately, many organizations are ready to help with everything from housing to cash assistance.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers