Perth Amboy is a major city in New Jersey that has many low-income assistance programs. Recipients get cash for bills, housing for the short or long term needs, job training and more. Here are several of the opportunities given to people in need of help.
Cash Assistance for single parents
In the state of New Jersey, find connections to cash assistance programs. Start with the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provided through WorkFirst NJ. The General Assistance (GA) program helps individuals instead of families.
If you qualify for either program, receive benefits for a maximum of 5 years. The Supportive Assistance to Individuals and Families (SAIF) program allows people to exceed their 5 years of benefits. Contact your Middlesex County office at (732) 745-3500 or drop by.
Food grants for single moms
Housing grants for single moms
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen serves people in need of homeless shelters and transitional housing. Call State Street transitional housing at (732) 826-7711 to know about eligibility and waiting list requirements. The Maple Street Family Service Center provides housing advice at (732) 324-8200.
For questions or comments about housing programs, contact them via online form.
Utilities financial assistance for single mothers
Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) has a program for eligible New Jersey residents. See if you qualify and call (800) 510-3102 for questions. Download the application and send it to your nearest application agency in Middlesex County.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Verizon has an affordable Lifeline discount program for its customers. Review the qualifications in your state, fill out an application online and send it to Verizon Lifeline Services. Learn more about the program by visiting the Lifeline website or calling 1-888-337-3339.
Help with Childcare
Receive funds to pay for your childcare or get referrals to affordable providers. The NJ Division of Family Development is the main source that connects low-income families to childcare providers in New Jersey. Call 1-800-332-9227 or contact the Community Child Care Solutions in Perth Amboy at (732) 324-4357.
Middlesex County Board of Social Services has more information about these programs. Reach them at (732) 745-3500.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
All low-income individuals have access to health and dental insurance. Medicaid is the primary source for people living in New Jersey. Call a representative at 1-800-356-1561 or Middlesex County Board of Social Services at (732) 745-3500.
NJ FamilyCare is provided to eligible children, parents, pregnant women, disabled people and adults without children. Apply online or call 1-800-701-0710 for help.
Help with Legal Matters
Central Jersey Legal Services is designed to provide legal advice and representation to low-income people. Get help on foreclosures, landlord-tenant issues, public benefits, Medicaid and other legal issues. Call the Perth Amboy office at (732) 324-1613.
Help with Financial Counseling
Navicore Solutions is your source for all types of financial counseling. Topics include credit, housing, student loans, bankruptcy and debt management. Speak to a counselor by calling (800) 992-4557 or submitting a contact form.
Help from Other Groups
Call The Salvation Army Perth Amboy Corps at (732) 826-7040 to learn about different services from clothing distributions to senior programs.
No matter what your income or employment status is, if you are struggling to make ends meet, there is a solution available in Perth Amboy that you can contact to point you in the right direction.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers