Single mothers should no longer struggle from month to month, not expecting their situation to get better. In Petersburg, Virginia, assistance for single mothers is available if you know where to look.
Temporary cash funds are given to participants of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. Based on their income eligibility, single mothers receive temporary assistance to pay their bills and receive job training. Apply on the CommonHelp website, download an application and mail it to your local Department of Social Services (DSS) agency or apply in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
CARES, Inc. stands for Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Center. Get your supplies at the food pantry and the clothes closet. Visit the pantry in person or call (804) 861-6191 to ask questions. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
Virginia Easy Access provides rental assistance and different types of housing. The program helps low-income people in need of independent or assisted living. Contact the organization at 1-800-552-3402 or email@example.com. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
For low-income renters and homeowners in the area, the Salvation Army in Central Virginia offers rent and utility assistance. Receive cooling or heating funds based on your level of financial need. Apply at the office in person or call (804) 732-8449 for assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
SafeLink Wireless provides you with a free cell phone and free minutes. Apply online or call 1-800-723-3546 to obtain an application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
Child care assistance is provided through a subsidy program that helps needy parents. Check your eligibility and/or apply through CommonHelp. Also, the local DSS agency is where you apply in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medical and dental services are offered through Medicare and Medicaid. The programs help different types of people, including children, the elderly, the disabled, pregnant women and low-income individuals. Apply online or contact the nearby DSS agency. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
The Central Virginia Legal Aid Society provides affordable help for cases involving bankruptcy, debt collection, housing issues, divorce and public assistance. Call (804) 862-1100 or (804) 200-6046 to make an appointment or visit the Petersburg office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Clearpoint has a variety of counseling programs for people with poor finances. They help with housing, bankruptcy and credit card debt issues. Call (800) 750-2227 or walk into a local office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
Downtown Churches United has a Hope Center that serves disadvantaged, low-income communities in Petersburg. There is a food pantry, utility assistance and other social services. Visit the website link for more information.
The average life for single mothers is hard. Finding help for single mothers is not if you live in Petersburg. Choose from a variety of services available to help you and your family.