Whether you need to find resources that can help you with your utility bills, a helping hand with child care, or an organization that can help you with a cash loan, this page will help you find it. Below, residents of Pharr will be able to see where and how they can apply for assistance with their bills.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
What used to be known as the Aid to Families with Children is now referred to as Texas TANF. The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program caters to families with minor children that need cash assistance for basic needs. To apply for TANF, get in touch with the Department of Human Service at 1-800-448-3927.
Help With Food for single mothers
The Food Bank of Rio Grande Valley provides food assistance, nutrition education services, and referral services to community programs. If you or a family you know are in need of food assistance, call the office at 956-682-8101 to apply for benefits.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers
Catholic Charities of Rio Grande Valley can help families and individuals facing homelessness with their emergency shelter and housing assistance programs. They can also provide temporary financial assistance to help households become self-reliant. To apply for housing assistance or emergency shelter, get in touch with them at 956-702-4088.
Help With Energy and Utilities for single mothers
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program is the Texas Utility Assistance Program that offers relief to low-income households looking to reduce their home energy costs and possibly assistance with the payment of their utility bills. You can the Energy Assistance Office at 1-800-522-4021 to apply for CEAP benefits.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Texas LifeLine is a federally-funded telephone discount program that is available to households on a limited income that meet program requirements. if you would lie to apply for discounted telephone service rates, call the Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative at 870-653-8222 to start your LifeLine application.
Help With Childcare
Workforce Solutions offers Child Care Services, which are funds used to provide low-income families with minor children with the opportunity to enroll their children into affordable, quality child care programs. You may apply for benefits by calling the office at 1-800-735-2989.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Healthcare Assistance is available through the Human Services Division of Hidalgo County. All applicants must meet income and resources requirements before benefits are granted, but you may call the office at 956-318-2011 to see if you are eligible to receive cover.
Help With Legal Matters
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, Inc. provides free legal services to applicants who meet income, asset, and immigration requirements as set by the United Stated Congress and the Texas Legislature. To apply for legal assistance, call the Telephone Access to Justice Hotline at 1-888-988-9996
Help From Other Groups
Project Azteca is a construction company that provides low-income families with services such as home rehabilitation, re-construction, financial counseling, and a tool lending library. To apply for help from the organization, give them a call at 956-702-3307.
We hope that this page has provided you with enough resources in Pharr so that you can easily apply for the help you need, if you ever need it.