Programs for low-income families, particularly single mothers, are found in and around Pico Rivera. Find the right type of program based on the amount of assistance you need.
In Los Angeles County, CalWorks is the program for families in need of cash assistance. The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids helps unemployed and underemployed single mothers as they look for jobs or attend school. Apply for benefits online or contact your local Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Get food assistance through the CalFresh program. Qualified single mothers can increase the availability of healthy foods in their homes. Find an application online or visit your local DPSS office. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
DPSS offers the Homeless Assistance Program, Emergency Assistance to Prevent Eviction (EAPE) and the Moving Assistance (MA) program. Receive temporary funds to move into short-term housing or transition into long-term housing. Contact the CalWorks office to ask about these programs. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Energy assistance programs are provided by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (DWP). Qualified DWP customers get residential low-income rates and Project Angel rates for affordable energy and water services. Find an energy assistance office in your county. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is the company that provides low-cost LifeLine phone services in California. Single mothers get a free phone with free minutes to use alone or share with other family members. You must show proof of eligibility based on your household income and enrollment in a public benefits program. Request your application online or download a form. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
The CalWORKs Child Care Program assists you to find and afford licensed child care providers. Single mothers must participate in the Welfare-to-Work (WtW) program or receive CalWorks assistance. Find a LA county services office to assist you. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
DPSS has affordable healthcare options for all people, regardless of age, income and health status. Review your full Medi-Cal benefits online, including a list of services and eligibility requirements. Apply online or contact your county office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Thousands of low-income people resolve their legal matters with the help of Neighborhood Legal Services. Get free assistance for matters that involve housing, healthcare, economic security, family issues and civil rights. Contact them at (800) 433-6251 or visit a nearby self-help center. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Financial Counseling Center covers topics that include debt, foreclosures, taxes, banruptcy and student loans. The consultation is free, and you are charged reasonable rates to speak to a professional. Schedule your consultation over the phone at (323) 919-2874 or in person at the LA office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
St. Vincent de Paul of Los Angeles is a Catholic organization that provides nonprofit services to underprivileged communities. They have assistance for food, clothing, housing and mental health along with a thrift store, ministries and youth camps. Call the hotline at 888-552-7872 for assistance needs, or visit the website link for more information.
As a single mother, times can be tough financially. In LA county, find a wide selection of the resources needed to improve the situation for you and your family.