Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single mothers grants in Plainfield, New Jersey

Plainfield, New Jersey provides dozens of services to its low-income community. Here are various organizations you can turn to for help.

Cash Assistance for single mothers

WorkFirst NJ (WFNJ) has a cash assistance program for families and individuals. For families, there is Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). For individuals, there is the General Assistance (GA) program. In addition, WFNJ recipients can receive Emergency Assistance (EA) funds to pay for food, household bills, or transportation.

For more questions, call the Work First New Jersey Hotline at 1-800-792-9773. Determine your eligibility and apply for benefits by contacting Union County Division of Social Services at (908) 965-2700.

Food assistance for single mothers

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

New Jersey has a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for income eligible individuals. Pre-screen for NJ Snap online. Apply online or in person at Union County Division of Social Services, which can be reached at (908) 965-2700.

Starfish Food Pantry serves the people of Plainfield with emergency food assistance. Email them through an online form.

End Hunger NJ provides a list of emergency food providers in and around Plainfield.

Housing aid for single mothers

Homefirst has transitional and affordable, long-term housing. Call (908) 753-4001 for transitional housing and (908) 755-2054 for permanent housing. For emergency rental and utility assistance, call (908) 753-4002.

In New Jersey, find Social Services for the Homeless (SSH) for people in need of sheltering and rental or utility assistance. Call (908) 756-6061 to reach the Plainfield agency.

Review a list of emergency shelters in Plainfield, as approved by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development here.

Utilities assistance for single mothers

Apply for energy assistance if you are income eligible. Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) has a list of facts and income requirements for Plainfield residents. Download and mail an application to an application agency in Plainfield. Call (800) 510-3102 if you have questions.

View additional state-approved energy assistance programs, including Universal Service Fund (USF) and Weatherization Assistance (WAP).

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The Lifeline discount program helps Verizon users in select U.S. states. Download the application for New Jersey residents and mail it to Verizon Lifeline Services. Contact 1-888-337-3339 or 1-800-837-4966 for more information.

Help with Childcare

The New Jersey Division of Family Development has lists of approved childcare providers and subsidies for childcare. Apply for WorkFirst to see if you qualify for free childcare.

Contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCR&R) for Plainfield residents. Community Coordinated Child Care can be reached at (973) 923-1433. In addition, you can call the helpline at 1-800-332-9227.

 Union County Division of Social Services has information about the programs at (908) 965-2700.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid is available to all New Jersey residents who qualify. Services include dental care, eye care, preventative screening, doctors’ visits, prescription drugs and more. For questions, call 1-800-356-1561 or the Union County Division of Social Services at (908) 965-2700.

NJ FamilyCare is also available on their website and by phone at 1-800-701-0710.

Pre-screen for either program online through NJ Helps.

Help with Legal Matters

In Union County, find a list of free, pro bono or low-cost legal providers in and around Plainfield. The types of cases covered include bankruptcies, employment law, foreclosures, public benefits, etc.

Help with Financial Counseling

Family Guidance Center counseling is available for help on credit restoration, foreclosures, debt management and other financial issues. Contact them for an appointment at (609) 586-2574.

 Help from Other Groups

The Salvation Army in Plainfield has many services for the community, including Sunday school classes, music lessons, food pantry distributions and childcare services. Contact them at (908) 756-2595.

Plainfield Action Services (PAS) helps the low-income community in Plainfield. They provide health education services, recreational events, and financial assistance.

Plainfield is a close-knit community full of caring individuals and organizations. You will find more than enough ways to get out of poverty and improve your financial situation.

Sponsored links