This page has been put together as a resource to help single mothers in Pleasant Hill to find and apply for assistant programs that can help them alleviate financial difficulties.
CalWORKs Cash Aid offers help to single mothers looking after children because the other parent has died, they are physically or mentally unable to help, or they do not have a full-time job. To apply for this assistance, visit the website or the office at 877-505-4630.
Help With Food
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is available to assist single mothers living in Pleasant Hill to identify sources of emergency food and pantries or soup kitchens. Visit the website or call 855-309-3663 for more information about the assistance you can get.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Shelter Inc. Contra Costa can assist you with help to move-in to a new home and the costs of sustaining the stay for your family in your new home so that you do not return to homelessness but rather move toward sustainability. Visit the website or call the office at 925-338-1038 for more information.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Contra Costa County LIHEAP program offers assistance to low-income families in bill payment assistance, reducing energy consumption and budgets, getting out of energy crisis and energy-related home repairs. To apply for this assistance, visit their website or contact the Home Energy Assistance Program at 925-229-6784.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The California Lifeline Program provides discounted home phone services to qualifying families. Qualifying households should choose whether they want to receive a home phone of a cell phone. Assistance is limited to one discount per household. To gain more information about how your household can receive assistance, visit their website.
Help With Childcare
The Contra Costa Child Care Council makes various services available to low-income households including single mothers who require assistance with child care. Some of these services include child care referrals, paying for child care, the provision of care, child health and nutrition and children with special needs child care among a variety of others. A full list of services that you can obtain from the council can be obtained on their website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Through Medi-Cal, the Contra Costa Health Services provides assistance with payments health and dental care to low-income families. To learn more about available services visit the website or contact them on their toll-free number 800-709-8348.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers in need of pro bono legal services can visit the Justia website to access a full list of available services in their different locations.
Help With Financial Counseling
The aim of East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation is to work with vulnerable communities to foster community support, benefits assistance, housing stability and youth programs amongst others. To learn more about their Family Economic Success program, visit their website or contact them at 510-287-5353.
Help From Other Groups
Shelter Inc. Contra Costa provides services for families that are either homeless or are in danger of becoming homeless by offering them help with rental costs and offering them a transitional or permanent home. Visit their website for more information.
We hope that you find the information above helpful in your quest to find different forms of assistance for yourself and your family.