If you’ve ever wondered where and how to apply for bill assistance in Port Arthur, then this page will help you find that information. Listed below are some of the assistance programs that are available to low-income families and individuals living in Jefferson County.
Cash Assistance for single mothers
The Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program is a resource that can help your family with temporary cash loans if you meet income requirements and have minor children to care for. Funds provided by TANF can be used for basic needs such as food, clothing, child care and healthcare services. To apply for TANF, call the Assistance Office at 1-800-647-6558.
Help With Food for single mothers
Golden Triangle Church on The Rock has a Food Pantry that caters to the needs of community members in need of emergency and ongoing food assistance. To apply for help, call the office at 409-722-1962.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers
Family Services of Southeast Texas can help families and individuals struggling with housing through their emergency shelter and housing assistance programs. They also offer counselling services to those seeking a way of becoming financially healthy. If you are in need of shelter or housing assistance, you may contact them at 409-833-2668 to apply for help.
Help With Energy and Utilities for single mothers
The Jefferson County LEAP program assists households looking for utility assistance and a way to reduce their home energy costs if they meet federal program requirements. you may apply for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program by calling the Hotline at 1-866-432-8435.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Texas LifeLine forms part of the federal LifeLine Telephone Discount Program, and is provided locally to low-income households through LifeLine accredited service providers. You may apply for the telephone discount program by getting in touch with Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative, Inc. at 870-653-9222.
Help With Childcare
A Child Care Assistance Program is available to low-income families with minor children that meet income and work requirements. The program is administered by Child Support Services through a federal block grant. Should you wish to apply for benefits, you can call their office at 1-800-647-6558.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid can give families and individuals on a low income access to quality, affordable medical and dental care. Since Medicaid is a public healthcare program, it is administered by the Department of Human Services. You may call the office at 1-800-221-3943 should you wish to apply for benefits.
Help With Legal Matters
If you cannot afford a lawyer’s service and need legal advice or representation, you might be able to receive help from Lone Star Legal Aid. They are a nonprofit legal organization that provides free and low-cost legal assistance services. To apply for help, call their Legal Aid Intake Line at 409-835-4971.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army of Texas serves over 60 local communities, and they provide a range of assistance services to help relieve poverty levels. Their services include financial counseling, emergency food and shelter, temporary cash assistance, healthcare services, and employment assistance programs. You may call them at 512-782-8800 to apply for assistance services.
We sincerely hope that Port Arthur residents have found this page useful in their search to find resources that can help them with their bills.