This page has been put together in the hope of providing single mothers that live in Port Hueneme with all the information they may need in order to apply for assistance during financial hardships.
The Human Services Agency of Ventura offers single mothers with a cash assistance program, known as CalWORKs. If you meet income and work requirements, you may be eligible for a temporary cash loan while you work towards self-sufficiency. You may call the office at 888-472-4463 or visit the website to see if you are eligible for benefits.
Help With Food
CalFresh, also known as the food stamps program, provides those in need with a supplemental food assistance program, which may make the cost of foods more affordable. If you qualify for benefits, you’ll receive electronic coupons on a monthly basis, which can then be used to pay for food supplies at various retail stores. To start the application process, visit the website or call the Human Services Office at 888-472-4463.
Help With Shelter and Housing
Ventura County’s Homeless and Housing Coalition can provide single mothers with emergency shelter as well as access to the California Housing Choice Voucher Program. If you are facing homelessness and are in need of help, you should visit their website or call the HHC’s director by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Community Action of Ventura County administers the Home Energy Assistance Program, which may provide single mothers with the means of ensuring they reduce the cost of their home energy. You may also qualify for utility bill payment assistance, but you may verify eligibility by visiting the website or by getting in touch with the office at 805-436-4021.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Entouch Wireless is a provider of the federally-funded telephone and internet discount program called LifeLine. Through LifeLine, low-income households may receive a monthly discount on either their landline or internet service costs. To apply for benefits, you can call the Entouch Wireless office at 1-866-488-8719 or visit their website for more details.
Help With Childcare
Child care assistance is available from the Child Care Resource Center. Single mothers that are struggling to afford the cost of their child care services may apply to see if they qualify for benefits by visiting the website or by calling the office at 818-717-1000.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you need healthcare cover but are unable to afford the high costs of these services, you may apply to see if you qualify for benefits offered by the Medical program. Medical is a public healthcare assistance initiative, designed to cover the needy for basic medical and dental care services. Applications for benefits can be made online or by getting in touch with the Community Action of Ventura County at 805-642-7033.
Help With Legal Matters
Ventura County’s Bar Association offers pro bono legal assistance services to members of the public that need help with non-criminal legal matters. Single mothers that are in need of assistance should visit the website or contact the Intake Line at 805-650-7592 to see how the association may be of assistance.
Help With Financial Counseling
Surepath Financial Solutions is an organization that offers free financial counseling to those that seek to take control of their finances. Their services can help you manage your money more efficiently, effectively helping you become self-reliant. Single mothers looking to enroll for these courses can contact their office at 800-432-7310 or visit their partner-company’s (Money Management, Inc.) website for full program details.
Help From Other Groups
Healthy Ventura County is a nonprofit organization that aims to assists those threatened by poor nutrition and disease. They provide a range of assistance programs such as food supplies and holiday meal programs to members if the community that need it most. Applications for assistance should be made by calling the office at 805-983-7100. Alternatively, you can also visit their website to learn more about the programs and services on offer.
We hope that this page has armed single mothers in Port Hueneme with the right information, giving them access to apply for help when and where it may be needed.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers