This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single mothers grants in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Sponsored links

The state of New Hampshire has programs designed to help low-income individuals and communities. Here is how you can get help in Portsmouth when you have financial problems.

Cash Assistance for single mothers

Receive cash for bills from the Division of Family Assistance (DFA) in New Hampshire. You must have a family to participate in the Financial Assistance for Needy Families (FANF) program for cash assistance. Be able to show proof of homelessness or lack of funds to pay basic necessities. Contact the Seacoast district office and NH employment program at (603) 433-8300 or (800) 821-0326.

Food assistance for single parents

Low-income New Hampshire residents participate in SNAP also known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Seacoast Eat Local (SEL) includes farmers’ markets that work with SNAP recipients in the area.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Contact 603-436-6161 or danthony@sffp.org for more information.

Help with Shelter and Housing benefits for single mothers

Rockingham Community Action provides housing crisis assistance, which includes sheltering and loans for rent or mortgage payments. If you need help paying a security deposit, enroll in the RCA’s Housing Security Guarantee Program. Call the Portsmouth Community Action Center at (603) 431-2911.

Single mother Help with Energy and Utilities

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is available through the Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. (SNHS). Call 1-866-674-6327 or email info@liheap.org for opportunities near you.

Eversource is an energy company that allows you to participate in an energy savings plan. Receive electric assistance if you are income eligible. Receive a monthly discount based on income and energy usage. Contact the Community Action Agency (CAA) in Portsmouth at 800-639-3896 or call 800-662-7764 for information about the residential services.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The Lifeline program works with low-income people in need of affordable phone bills. You need to be enrolled in a public assistance program and meet income eligibility guidelines. Contact your phone company to see if they participate.

The number to reach Lifeline for their cellular services is 1-800-447-1339.

Childcare grants for single mothers

The Child Development Bureau (CDB) has access to financial assistance for child care along with lists of providers. Child Care Aware of New Hampshire works with parents and professionals in need of these services.

For financial assistance, apply online for a NH Child Care Scholarship. There are additional preventive services for abused or neglected children.

Call (603) 433-8300 or visit the district office in Portsmouth.

Medical and Dental Care for single mothers

Find a variety of Medicaid programs available in New Hampshire. A list of medical services is provided online along with eligibility requirements for adult and children. Apply for Medicaid online or contact the office at (603) 271-4344 or (800) 852-3345.

For dental coverage, look into the guidelines for the NH Smiles program. Call (603) 271-4344 or (800) 852-3345 to find a local dentist. Ask about your medical assistance options by calling (603) 433-8300.

Help with Legal Matters

New Hampshire Legal Assistance (NHLA) has affordable legal services for Portsmouth residents. They handle cases that involve public benefits, housing, domestic violence and elderly matters. Call the Portsmouth office at 1-800-334-3135 or (603) 431-7411.

Help with Financial Counseling

Obtain financial counseling from the HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency. Get advice on buying a house or applying for a mortgage. Contact The Housing Partnership in Portsmouth at 603-766-3129 or visit the site.

Help from Other Groups

The Families First Health & Support Center offers various family programs in Portsmouth, including playgroups and parenting classes. Call (603) 422-8219 or visit the office to learn more.

New Hampshire Head Start works to improve the educational success of children in low-income environments. Make an appointment by calling (603) 668-8010.

Do not let financial problems get in the way of life. See how you can use your local resources to start living comfortably in Portsmouth.

++ Also read