Prescott, Arizona has resources that provide assistance to help single mothers pay for food, housing, and healthcare needs on a temporary basis. Here are the organizations you can contact to see if you qualify.
Get temporary cash funds for a variety of living necessities. Apply for cash benefits online. Your Department of Economic Security (DES) office has more information on becoming eligible and applying. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
DES provides healthy food buying options to low-income mothers and their families. The Nutrition Assistance (NA) program helps Arizona residents who qualify for SNAP. Apply for food benefits online. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
Prescott Area Women Shelter helps homeless women and children in Prescott. They provide emergency sheltering, transitional housing and permanent housing. Call (928) 778-5933 for assistance or visit a nearby location. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Paying for cooling bills is a necessity for single mothers in Arizona. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is available to qualified households. Your DES office has more information about energy assistance programs. To apply, find a Community Action Agency (CAA) in your area. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline has minimum phone services at very low monthly costs. Single mothers qualify based on their current income or receipt of public benefits. Download the Lifeline application for Arizona applicants. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
DES has child care programs for single mothers in need of regular, low-cost services. DES works with the Department of Health Services (DHS) to provide referrals to qualified providers. Contact your local DES office to learn more. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid, Medicare and KidsCare are the main programs for low-income Arizona residents. Qualifications are based on your age, income and health status. Apply for medical benefits online. Fax or mail your application to your DES office or apply in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Community Legal Services (CLS) has legal aid and representation for tenants, employees, domestic violence victims and consumer fraud victims. Apply for help online, by phone or in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Catholic Charities Community Services has free workshops for money management, credit building and financial planning. Contact the Prescott office in person or call 1-855-316-2229 for help. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
The Salvation Army has a wide range of social services in Prescott. There is help for basic needs along with summer camps, computer classes, life skills training and Christmas assistance. Call (928) 778-0150 to get involved. Visit the website link for more information.
Sometimes you just need a helping hand now and again, and these groups can help with the basic necessities for single mothers.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers