This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single mothers grants in Puyallup, Washington

Sponsored links

Puyallup has everything from local organizations and federal programs to help you if you are low income. Take advantage of the opportunities that are available in your community.

Cash Assistance for single mothers

In Washington, you will find TANF and support services that provide temporary cash relief. If you meet qualifications, enroll in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), WorkFirst, State Family Assistance (SFA) or Diversion Cash Assistance.

Apply on the Washington Connection or WorkFirst website. Contact the nearest Community Services Office (CSO) in Pierce County to learn more and apply.

Help with Food for single mothers

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Federal food assistance is provided through SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) has online links where you can apply and check your eligibility.

Fish Food Banks of Pierce County is a source for food assistance. Check the hours and locations on the website. Contact them at (253) 383-3164 or info@fishfoodbanks.org.

Help with Shelter and Housing benefits for single mothers

For emergency sheltering, contact Puyallup Homeless Coalition at (253) 845-2897 or Tacoma Rescue Mission for men at (253) 383-4493.

Helping Hand House has emergency housing units for low-income families. Call (253) 848-6096, email info@helpinghandhouse.org or send an online form to ask about housing placements.

Help with Energy and Utilities

Get help for energy and utility bills by enrolling in the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). See if your low-income household is qualified to participate. Their contact information is LIHEAP@commerce.wa.gov and (360) 725-2857.

At one of the two LIHEAP agencies, make an appointment to apply for energy assistance.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Frontier has a Lifeline program to pay for telephone bills. See if you qualify and download an application for residents in Washington. Contact Frontier at 1-800-921-8101.

Help with Childcare

Receive funds to pay for your child’s care through DSHS. The Child Care Subsidy Program is your main source for child care assistance in Washington.

Call 1-877-501-2233 or apply through Washington Connection. Also, contact one of two DSHS offices near Puyallup to apply or ask for further assistance.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Find a list of medical programs on the DSHS website. There are certain qualifications based on age and income.

Contact a CSO to learn all about medical assistance programs in Washington and your local area.

Find at least six free or affordable dental clinics in the Puyallup area.

Help with Legal Matters

Volunteer Legal Services serves the residents of Pierce County with their civil legal needs. They provide help for family law, landlord/tenant disputes, foreclosures, military veteran issues, etc.

Contact (253) 572-5134 or vls@tacomaprobono.org to find a legal provider. Make a call to the CLEAR (Coordinated Legal Education, Advice & Referral) line at 1-888-201-1014 or fill out an online application.

Help with Financial Counseling

Find a financial counselor through the BALANCE program. Receive advice on how to manage debt, credit and finances. Reach them toll free at (888) 456-2227 or review their services online.

Help from Other Groups

Contact the Puyallup Valley Corps Community Center at (253) 841-1491 for everything from food assistance to church services.

The YWCA of Pierce County has emergency shelters, legal services and programs for domestic violence victims and children. Contact them at (253) 383-2593.

Puyallup Food Bank serves thousands of people in that area. Make an appointment by calling (253) 848-5240. Email the organization at foodbank@puyallupfoodbank.org or stop by the location.

The state of Washington has many resources to help the low-income community. The organizations and companies are easy to contact by phone, email or online.

++ Also read