This has been put together as a resource to assist single mothers residing in Rancho Mirage in the Riverside County to provide a point from which they can identify and apply for assistance during periods of financial hardship.
The California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids is a program managed by the County of Riverside’s Department of Public Social Services. This program provides temporary financial assistance to vulnerable families looking after minor children. More information on how this program works can be obtained on the website.
Help With Food
The CalFresh/SNAP Assistance program provides relief to low-income households including those headed by single mothers to enable them to afford food. Learn more about how the electronic benefits they offer can assist you and your family by visiting the department’s website.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Some of the programs available to those who either face the prospect of homelessness or those who are already homeless through County of Riverside’s Department of Public Social Services include the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) and the Homeless Management information System (HMIS) among others. To gain more information about these programs, visit the website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Community Action Partnership of Riverside County administers the LIHEAP initiative. Single mothers in low-income households who require assistance to help then pay for energy and utilities can visit the website, call the office at 800-511-1110 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Assurance Wireless is part of the California LifeLine Provider network. Single mothers who need telephone services but cannot afford them can approach the provider to get unlimited free voice minutes and texts and also 500 megabytes of data per month. Visit their website to start the application process.
Help With Childcare
Eligible families in need of child care services can approach the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) Child Care programs to access assistance related to payment for child care while they participate in economic activities aimed at getting them f the road to self-sustenance. More information about this program is available on the website.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you are California resident faced with the reality of low-income, you can turn to the Medi-Cal health insurance program. This initiative will help you to pay for access to health services. Visit their website to learn more about how you can benefit from the services offered under this program.
Help With Legal Matters
The Riverside Legal Aid is an initiative of the Public Service Corporation of the Riverside County Bar Association which provides workshops on such topics as bankruptcy, probate accounting. To see a full list of the workshops offered and how you can register visit their website, call them at 951-682-7968.
Help With Financial Counseling
If you owe $10 000 or less and are finding it difficult to pay your bills and service your debt, then you can approach Freedom Debt Relief for assistance with financial counseling. More information about their services is available on their website.
Help From Other Groups
Assistance can also be obtained from the Catholic Charities San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. For a full range of services available, visit their website or call their office at 909-388-1239.
We hope that the resources identified above have been useful in assisting single mothers who reside in Rancho Mirage to find and apply for assistance during times of financial distress.