Are you a single mother in need of financial assistance? Whether it involves job training or transitional housing, learn about the different programs available to single mothers and their families in Los Angeles County.
CalWorks has temporary cash assistance for families that qualify. The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids targets income eligible families with children and provides funds for up to 4 years. Apply for cash online or find the nearest LA county services office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
Los Angeles County helps single mothers in need of temporary food assistance in Ranchos Palos Verdes. CalFresh is the official program that deposits limited funds on Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards, which they can use at select locations. Apply for benefits online or mail your application to a CalFresh office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Shelter and Housing
The Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) has various housing programs for CalWorks families. The Homeless Assistance Program has step-by-step help for temporary and permanent housing. Those in need of emergency funds should enroll in the 4-Month Rental Assistance (RA) Program. Visit your Calworks office to apply or learn more. Also, visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
Annual payments for temporary energy assistance are available through HEAP, also known as the PACE Home Energy Assistance Program. Review the eligibility rules online and download an application. Call (213) 353-3982 to learn more, or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
California LifeLine program is provided by Assurance Wireless. The program partners with Virgin Mobile to provide a free phone and free, unlimited minutes to low-income single mothers. Submit your online request for services or download and mail in an application. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
The CalWorks Child Care Program helps you choose from thousands of providers in Los Angeles County. Receive subsidized child care services and enroll in the Welfare-to-Work (WtW) program if you need employment. Locate your local LA county services office for assistance. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
The main, affordable healthcare program for Californians is Medi-Cal. Review the free or no-cost programs that help eligible adults, children and seniors. Apply for medical assistance online or download and mail your form to the Medi-Cal application office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Find self-help legal advice and low-cost representation at the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. They handle problems that involve employment, housing, domestic violence, healthcare and student loans. Check your eligibility with this organization at (800) 399-4529. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union has free or low-cost financial counseling. The representatives provide answers to your questions about budgeting, debt consolidation, bankruptcy and housing fees. Contact member services at (877) 695-2328, or go to a local branch location. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
For additional help, browse through the social services provided by The Watts Labor Community Action Committee (WLCAC). They provide community services for the homeless, seniors, the unemployed and families. Contact them at (323) 563-5630 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the website link for more information.
Many single mothers wonder how and where they can get financial assistance. There are several options found in Ranchos Palos Verges and surrounding areas. From one-time grants to long-term loans, help is within the reach of most individuals and families wherever they live in LA County.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers