Residents of Reading that have been looking at ways to apply for either government or nonprofit assistance programs have quite a few resources at their disposals. Below we’ll show you how and where you may apply for assistance with your bills.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Reading, Pennsylvania
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families is a federal assistance program, administered locally by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The program aims to provide families with minor children with financial assistance they might need for basic needs provisions. If you have any queries or need help with applying for TANF, call the Berks County Assistance Office at 1-866-215-3912.
Help With Food for single mothers in Reading, Pennsylvania
The Greater Berks Food Bank supplies emergency foods to families and individuals facing times of crisis, but they can also help residents of Berks County that need assistance over an extended period of time. You can find out if you’re eligible for assistance by calling the office at 610-926-5802.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Reading, Pennsylvania
Service Access and Management, Inc. provide rental assistance as well as emergency shelter and care for individuals with disabilities that qualify for assistance. From time to time there is a waiting list for benefits, so be sure to enquire about that. You can reach SAM by calling the office at 610-236-0530.
Help With Energy and Utilities
LIHEAP assists families on a low income with their heating and cooling bills, and it’s a federal assistance program which is administered by the Department of Human Services. If you would like to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, call the LIHEAP Hotline at 1-866-857-7095.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Limited-income households can apply for the federal LifeLine Telephone Service, which is a telephone discount service, and it is provided locally by Windstream. Call them at 1-800-347-1991 if you need help with signing up for LifeLine assistance.
Help With Childcare
Child Care Works provides child care expense assistance as well as services that help families find quality, affordable child care for their minor children. To apply for help with childcare, contact the Child Care Works Helpline at 1-877-471-5437.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid is a medical assistance program provided by the Department of Human Services in an effort to provide those in need with access to quality, affordable medical and dental care services. Apply for Medicaid benefits by calling the Consumer Service Center for Health Care Coverage at 1-866-550-4355.
Help With legal Matters
As a part of Pennsylvania’s Legal Aid Network, the Community Justice Project offers free civil legal assistance services to members of the community that are in need and that qualify for aid. If you would like to find out if they can assists you, you can call their office at 610-370-7296.
Help With Financial Counseling
Berks Community Action Program provides a wide range of services and outreach programs that help community members become self-reliant. One of these is access to free financial counseling. You can call them at 610-376-6571 should you wish to enroll for counseling.
Help From Other Groups
The YMCA of Reading and Berks County provides housing assistance and emergency shelters that aim to help end homelessness and reduce poverty levels in the community. They also provide counseling to help families and individuals get back on track after a life crisis and become self-sufficient again. Call them at 610-378-4763 to see how they can lend you a helping hand.
We hope that this page has armed you with a range of useful resources that might be able to provide much-needed assistance if you are a resident of Reading.