Washington is a state that gives generously to its needy community. In Redmond, find resources that are affordable or completely free to the city’s low-income residents.
Cash Assistance for single mothers in Redmond, Washington
Redmond has cash assistance programs designed for individuals and families, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). You have to qualify based on income and residency. You can also apply for WorkFirst TANF online.
Apply for TANF through Washington Connection. For additional assistance, find a Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) office nearest you in Redmond.
Help with Food for single mothers in Redmond, Washington
Redmond Foodbank and Emergency Services gives out food donations in the community. Call them at (425) 882-0241 or visit the location during normal business hours.
Help with Shelter and Housing for single mothers in Redmond, Washington
YWCA Family Village Redmond has several housing programs, such as Family Homelessness Prevention, Family Self-Sufficiency and Housing Stability Project of King County, which provide counseling and financial assistance. There are also transitional and supportive housing programs available.
The YMCA has a list of homeless shelters throughout King County. Call 2-1-1 for an appointment.
Help with Energy and Utilities
In the state of Washington, have access to the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) that helps low-income households. Your income must be at 125% of the federal poverty level or lower. Contact a coordinator at (360) 725-2857 or LIHEAP@commerce.wa.gov for more information.
Find a list of energy assistance providers in King County. Make an appointment by calling one of the three agencies closest to you, which are Multi-Service Center, Hopelink and Centerstone.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline Telephone Service discounts are helpful to many families in Washington. You must be a benefits recipient or meet income requirements. Complete the application for Washington applicants and mail it to Frontier Communications along with your eligibility documents. Call 1-800-921-8101 if you need further assistance.
Help with Childcare
The Child Care Subsidy Program is provided through the ESA office. Receive funds to pay for child care services. Check the website to see if you meet the qualifications. To apply, call 1-877-501-2233 or complete an online application.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
The Economic Services Administration has links to medical programs in Washington. Medicare is available to those who qualify. There are income limits attached to each Medicare program. Apply online or contact a CSO in King County.
Whether or not you are insured, find free and low-cost dental clinics near Redmond.
Help with Legal Matters
Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) has free services for domestic violence victims and low-income individuals. The issues covered include family law, domestic violence, bankruptcy, immigration, employment and housing. They have free legal clinics and workshops. Find help by contacting (425) 747-7274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help with Financial Counseling
Help from Other Groups
The Salvation Army in Redmond has seasonal assistance, addiction recovery resources and more. Call them at (425) 452-7300.
You do not have to settle for living on the streets or going without the basic necessities. There are emergency shelters, food assistance programs and more if you need them in Redmond.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers