Single mothers residing in Reedley can use this guide to find and apply for assistance programs in Fresno County that could assist them to alleviate financial difficulties during their time of need.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program makes time-limited assistance available to families with children. The assistance offered to single mothers under this program is based on the number of individuals in the family. To find out more how you can qualify for this assistance, visit their website or call 559-600-5956 or 0800-742-1011.
Help With Food
CalFresh provides benefits to enable low-income households to afford food. Single mothers whose families have been discounted from the CalWORKs program can visit the website to find out more information on how you can apply.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Central Valley Children’s Network provides a database of where single mothers can receive housing assistance. Some of the housing assistance listed on their website includes ACORN Housing, Housing Authority of the City and County of Fresno among others. You can visit the website to see a list the initiatives and the phone numbers you can use to access them.
Help With Energy and Utilities
Household finding it difficult to pay their energy bills can turn to either the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or the Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). If your family has been served with a disconnection notice or you feel that you are under pressure, visit the Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission website to access an application form.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The California Lifeline Program offers two solutions for residents of California who face difficulties in paying their telephone bills. Single mothers who want to access this assistance can visit the website to find out the requirements to qualify.
Help With Childcare
The Fresno County Child Care Services offers assistance from an understanding that participants could require more assistance than just job counseling in order for them to participate in employment initiatives that can move them towards self-sustenance. To understand how the CalWORKs Child Care program works, visit their website or call the office at 559-600-3713.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Medi-Cal program assists low-income households to access either free or low-cost medical benefits. If you are already a CalWORKs recipient, then you automatically qualify for no-cost benefits. More information about this program is available on their website. You can also call the office at 559-600-5956 or 800-742-1011.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers who require any form of legal assistance which does not involve criminal matters can visit the Justia Lawyers website to access information about services available. Phone numbers of local areas are also included.
Help With Financial Counseling
The Ambassador Baptist Church offers different forms of counseling to anyone looking for counseling. Visit their website where you will gain more information about how they can help.
Help From Other Groups
Catholic Charities have initiatives aimed at assisting individuals who find themselves in crisis. Single mothers can turn to the organization when looking for assistance with rent/mortgage, infant food, utilities and hygiene. For a full list of the services they offer, visit their website.
Best of luck in your quest to find the assistance that you need .