Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Ridgecrest, California

Getting assistance as a single mother is possible and easy to do if you live in Ridgecrest. Here’s how.

Cash Assistance

Kern County offers cash assistance through the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program. Apply online or contact the Kern County Department of Human Services (DHS) near you. Call the automated helpline at 1-877-410-8812, or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

Assistance to buy food is provided through the CalFresh program, which is California’s state version of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Apply online, visit the Ridgecrest office in person or call them directly at (760) 499-5200. Visit the website link for more information.

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter and Housing

Low-income public housing is offered to single mothers at affordable, minimum rental limits. The rental amount is 30% of your monthly income. The Central Office has application forms that can be returned in person or by mail. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

Pay your gas, electric and energy bills with the help of the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). A one-time, annual payment is given to eligible households. Call for an appointment at (661) 336-5203 or mail in your application. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

California Budget Mobile LifeLine is the alternative to high-cost phone and Internet bills. Receive a phone and unlimited monthly minutes with no fees and no contracts. Qualify for this program based on your income or participation in public benefits. Submit an online form for assistance. Call (888) 777-4007, or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

Child care assistance is affordable to all single mothers and their children living in Kern County. Early Head Start is the supplemental program for low-income children from birth to 3 years old. Qualified families are given access to nutritional, medical and educational services. Contact Head Start by phone at 1-800-701-7060 or by fax at (661) 336-5323. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Get low-cost coverage for you and your family’s medical, dental and vision needs. Medi-Cal is the main program that helps low-income people get Medicaid, Medicare and other types of assistance. To apply, contact your local DHS office in Ridgecrest or call (661) 631-6807 for an application. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

Find several centers that provide legal counseling, self-help and representation in Kern County. Get assisted on a legal case that involves family, employment, civil rights, criminal and elderly law. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Financial education services are provided by the AltaOne credit union. Get free counseling through a personal finance coach or the GreenPath Financial Wellness center. Get started online, or call (760) 371-7000 or (800) 433-9727 if you have questions. Visit the website link for more information.

Help From Other Groups

For additional assistance in paying child care, consider the California Alternative Payment Program (CAPP). Choose a licensed provider for children aged 12 years or younger. Apply online or download and submit your application. Visit the website link for more information.

Improving the finances of single mothers is a major goal in Kern County. It is possible to pay for any major task, whether it involves getting cash, buying food, or securing housing. You just have to know where to look for financial assistance and see if you qualify. Keep this list on hand!

Sponsored links