This has been put together with the aim of helping single mothers who reside in Ripon in the San Joaquin County to find and apply for assistance services and programs that can help them during times of financial distress.
The Human Services Agency of San Joaquin County manages the CalWORKs program which seeks to offer cash aid and services to needy families that are eligible. The program serves all the counties in the state of California. More information about this program is available on the website of the agency.
Help With Food
Whether you need assistance to supplement your food budget or you cannot afford any food at all, you can turn to the CalFresh program. This program was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program. More information on how you can start the application process is available on the website.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
The Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin runs programs such as the Market Rate Properties Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program. More information about these programs is available on the website. You can also call the authority’s offices at 209-460-5000 or 800-855-7100.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Human Services Agency of San Joaquin County manages the Home Energy Assistance program which offers income-eligible residents of the county credit to pay for their energy bills. More information about this assistance is available on the website. You can also call the department at 209-468-0439.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers who would like to benefit from the opportunities made available by having a telephone such as access to employment and emergency services can approach Assurance Wireless. Through the California Lifeline program, you can receive free unlimited voice and texts and 500 megabytes of data every month. Visit the website to obtain more information.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Medi-Cal health insurance program is California’s idea of the Federal Medical Program. The aim of the program is to make health care coverage available to single income households including those managed by single mothers. More information about how you can qualify for this assistance can be obtained from the website or by dialing the department at 209-468-1000.
Help With Legal Matters
The Lawyer Referral Services is a non-profit organization operated by the San Joaquin County Bar Association. It serves the legal needs of vulnerable groups in the county. Single mothers who require legal assistance can submit a request through the website or call the office at 209-948-4620 during weekdays between 8:30 and 4:30 pm.
Help With Financial Counseling
If for any reason you are worried about your finances, Clearpoint is waiting to assist. The organization offers free budget and credit counseling sessions to help you manage your budget and debt. More information can be obtained by visiting their website or dialing the number 800-750-2227.
Help From Other Groups
Over 325 000 people in 7 counties benefit from the services of the Second Harvest Food Bank. Single mothers who want to know more about the programs offered by the organization can visit the website or call the office at 209-239-2091.
We hope that the information contained here has been useful to single mothers who live in Ripon as they try to find assistance services during times of financial distress.