Single mothers that live in and around the Riverbank area of Stanislaus County can turn to any one of the following programs if and when they need assistance:
If you need cash assistance in order to pay for housing services, food, and other basic needs, as a single mother, you may be eligible for assistance granted by the Community Services Agency of Stanislaus County. To apply for Cash Aid benefits, you should either submit an online application, or get in touch with the office at 1-877-652-0734.
Help With Food
Single mothers that would like to receive a supplemental food supply to feed their families may be eligible for the CalFresh food assistance program. The program is also known as food stamps, and provides participants with electronic benefits, with which they can “pay” for foods purchased at participating retailers. CalFresh applications can be made online or by getting in touch with the Customer Service Center of the Community Services Agency at 1-877-652-0734.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Habitat for Humanity assists single mothers with housing services, such as providing them with shelter and offering them the opportunity to purchase houses at greatly reduced costs if they meet program requirements. You may visit their website or call the office at 209-575-4585 to see if you qualify for assistance.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) may be able to offer single mothers with the assistance they need when it comes to their energy and utility services. LIHEAP benefits are granted to applicants that meet employment and income requirements, but you can check your eligibility by contacting the Central Valley Opportunity Center at 209-537-9217 or by visiting the website.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
California LifeLine is a telephone and internet service discount program that can help low-income households afford the cost of their connective services. Single mothers that wish to apply for benefits may get in touch with Tru Connect by either visiting their website or calling their Customer Service Line at 1-800-430-0443.
Help With Childcare
The Community Services Agency of Stanislaus County offers a Child Care Program, designed to assist parents in need with the cost of their child care service costs. Single mothers are welcome to apply for benefits online or by contacting the StanWORKs Office at 866-901-3212.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medical and dental care coverage is available from the Health Services Agency of Stanislaus County. If you need to get healthcare coverage for you and your children, you may apply for Medical benefits online, or by calling the HAS Office at 209-558-7000.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers that are in need of assistance with legal matters may turn to a range of legal aid and pro bono programs that are available to residents of Stanislaus County. You can find a list of these program providers by visiting the Justia website.
Help From Other Groups
The Housing Authority of the County of Stanislaus offers housing assistance services to local residents that are facing times of financial crisis. You may visit their website or call their office at 209-557-2000 to learn more about the range of programs on offer, and to see if you qualify for assistance.
We hope that this page has helped single mothers find the information they might need to apply for help when and where it is needed.