When times are a little tough, it might be smart to consider applying for help from an assistance program. This page has been designed to help single mothers living in Riverton find and apply for the help they may need.
The Family Employment Program provides temporary cash loans to eligible low-income families that need a little help with paying for basic needs. This program is funded by the federal TANF block grant, but single mothers can apply for assistance by contacting the Workforce Services Office at 801-526-9675 or by visiting the website.
Help With Food
Food Stamps is the a supplemental food assistance program, which provides program participants with electronic benefits that can be used to pay for certain food items at participating retail stores. If you are on a limited income and are employed, you can apply for benefits online or by contacting the Department of Workforce Services at 801-526-0950.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Single mothers that are in need of housing assistance service should get in touch with the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City, as they can provide you with a range of housing and shelter services, catering to a wide range of needs. The office can be contacted at 801-487-2161, or you can also visit the website to see what services are on offer.
Help With Energy and Utilities
HEAT is Utah’s energy assistance program, and single mothers can save on the cost of their monthly heating bills as well as apply for bill payment assistance through the initiative. The Home Energy Assistance Target program has a set of requirements that need to be met for benefits to be granted, but you can use the online tool or contact the SEAL Office at 1-866-205-435 to verify your eligibility.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
If you are struggling to pay your monthly telephone bills and you meet certain program requirements, you may be eligible for discount on your service thanks to the LifeLine Telephone Discount Program. You’ll have to apply for benefits through an accredited service provider, which you can do by calling SafeLink Wireless at 1-800-723-3546 or by visiting their website.
Help With Childcare
The Utah Department of Workforce Services can provide single mothers with child care assistance services if they meet work and income requirements. There are various programs on offer, but you can find out more online or by calling the Assistance Office at 801-526-0950.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
If you and your family are not covered for medical and dental care services, and you meet a set of program requirements, you may be eligible for Medical Assistance from the Department of Workforce Services. Medicaid is Utah’s public healthcare program, and applications for benefits can be done online or by contacting the WS Office at 801-526-0950.
Help With Legal Matters
Single mothers that need help with civil legal matters should apply to see if they are eligible for free or discounted legal assistance services, provided by the Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake City. You can either visit their website to apply, or get in touch with the main office at 801-328-8849.
As you can see, single mothers living in Riverton do have quite a lot of resources to which they can turn when finances are a little tight.