Apply for single mother grants today

Welcome to our website. We offer largest directory of single mother grants that help with rent, utility bills, child care, education, medication, housing, medical bills, and mortgage, among others. Many of these financial assistance programs have limited funding, and some might not be available for single mothers who do not meet specific income requirements. Phone numbers and website links to apply for these free grants are published on our website

Grants from variety of sources

Grants published on our website are made available from a variety of sources -- state, federal, non profit organizations and educational institutions. If you are looking for education grants, make sure that application is submitted before the deadline. Many other grants might also have deadlines that need to be met to quality for a free grant. Although our focus is on publishing information on single mother grants, scholarships are not given much importance. If you are looking for college scholarships, readers are advised to look for websites that specifically deal with college scholarships.

Sponsored links

Single Mothers grants in Roanoke, Virginia

Single mothers do not have to struggle with their money problems forever. There are a variety of income eligible programs and services available in Roanoke.

Cash Assistance

Cash assistance is provided through the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program. SNAP recipients can also apply for SNAPET to receive additional employment and training. Apply online, by mail, by fax or in person at the social services agency where you live.

Apply for assistance through CommonHelp. Call (540) 853-2591 or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

Sponsored links

++ Popular grants for single mothers

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has food benefits for low-income households. If single mothers are eligible, they can buy nutritious foods on an affordable budget. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Shelter and Housing

Find a list of affordable homes and apartments provided by The Virginia Housing Development Authority. The Section 8 Voucher program provides assistance for rental payments. Contact the public housing agency (PHA) to apply. There are various programs that help disabled, homeless or low-income people become homeowners. Down Payment Assistance (DPA) is one program that helps participants whose incomes fall at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI).

The Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) and the Center for Independent Living have helpful resources. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

The Energy Assistance Program (EA) will help single mothers pay their energy and utility bills this winter. There are separate assistance options for fuel, crisis or cooling. Starting on October 14, determine your eligibility and apply online through CommonHelp. Submit your application to the local social services agency.

Call (540) 853-2591 for general questions or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

The SafeLink Wireless program helps pay the phone bills of single mothers who need to keep tabs on their families. Each eligible family receives a free cell phone and an affordable range of minutes. Apply online or send an application by mail or fax. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

DSS has child care assistance that include subsidies to parents and referrals to approved childcare facilities. Apply through CommonHelp, call the DSS office closest to you, mail in an application or make a visit. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Medicaid has a variety of medical and dental services for low-income individuals and families. Children, disabled people, pregnant women, the elderly and low-income people are general candidates. Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS) is an alternative to parents who earn too much to receive Medicaid. Apply for Medicaid or FAMIS through Cover Virginia. Call (855) 242-8282 to determine eligibility and receive application help. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

The Legal Aid Society of Roanoke Valley makes it easier for low-income people to hire lawyers. They deal with public housing, evictions, family violence, child custody, credit problems and more. Contact them at (540) 344-2080, send an email or visit the office in person. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt relief tools to Roanoke residents. Credit counseling, debt consolidation and debt settlement are several programs available. Visit the website link for more information.

Help From Other Groups

The West End Center for Youth has a variety of after school programs. Programs that focus on reading instruction, leadership skills and fitness are available at the center. Visit the website link for more information.

Assistance is there for those who look for it. Above are the types of single mothers’ assistance that you can receive in Roanoke, Virginia.

Sponsored links