Struggling with finances is something that many single mothers go through. You deserve to get help every now and then. That is why different forms of financial assistance are available to single mothers living in Sweetwater County.
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) is a financial program for low-income, single-parent households. Through TANF, Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) provides temporary funds and job training programs. Call the administrator at (307) 777-6101 or Corrine.Livers@wyo.gov. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Food
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides food benefits for Wyoming residents. Receive funds based on your income and family size. Apply at the closest DFS office, call the program manager at (307) 777-6313 or download an application online. Visit the website link for more information.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- How to apply for government benefits
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Food assistance program for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
Help with Shelter and Housing
Find listings of shelters and low-income apartment units for single mothers in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Applicants are placed on the waiting list for housing. Obtain rental assistance by enrolling in the Section 8 Voucher Program. Contact The Rock Springs Housing Authority at (307) 352-1471 or visit a public housing agency in person. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Energy and Utilities
LIEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) provides help for energy and utility bills. From the months of October to February, apply for the program by downloading the online application. Contact at (800) 246-4221 or email@example.com. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Telephone and Internet Bills
Lifeline provides assistance for single mothers to pay their phone and Internet bills. Apply if you meet your state’s income eligibility requirements. Download the online application and mail or fax it to the Verizon Wireless center. Contact customer support at (800) 417-3849 or visit the website link for more information.
Help with Childcare
A child care subsidy program is available to single mothers who are working or in school. Wyoming has a DFS Early Childhood Division to help you find licensed child care professionals and facilities. Download an application to obtain benefits or apply in person at a DFS office. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Medical and Dental Care
Wyoming Medicaid is your source for affordable medical and dental care. Medicaid provides a range of healthcare programs that suit low-income recipients. Contact customer service with your questions at (307) 777-7531. Apply online, download an application or call 1-855-294-2127 to apply. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Legal Matters
Legal Aid of Wyoming Inc. has low-cost services for those in need of legal assistance. The cases covered include consumer rights, housing, bankruptcy and domestic violence. Call (307) 432-0807 or 1-877-432-9955 Monday through Friday. Visit the website link for more information.
Help with Financial Counseling
Rock Springs Credit Counseling has resources for bankruptcy, credit card debt and debt management or settlement. Receive help online, over the phone or in person. Call (855) 993-6017 to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.
Help From Other Groups
YWCA of Sweetwater County helps single mothers with affordable childcare and job training. In addition, there are financial management classes and domestic violence programs. Call the Rock Springs center at (307) 352-6635 or visit the website link for more information.
As a single mother, staying in control of your finances can be difficult. Fortunately, there are resources in Rock Springs to help you when you are in need.