This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Singlemothersgrants.org makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Singlemothersgrants.org does not warrant that: 1. this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or 2. the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.

We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.

Single Mothers grants in Rock Springs, Wyoming

Sponsored links

Struggling with finances is something that many single mothers go through. You deserve to get help every now and then. That is why different forms of financial assistance are available to single mothers living in Sweetwater County.

Cash Assistance

Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) is a financial program for low-income, single-parent households. Through TANF, Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) provides temporary funds and job training programs. Call the administrator at (307) 777-6101 or Corrine.Livers@wyo.gov. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Food

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides food benefits for Wyoming residents. Receive funds based on your income and family size. Apply at the closest DFS office, call the program manager at (307) 777-6313 or download an application online. Visit the website link for more information.

++ Popular grants for single mothers

Help with Shelter and Housing

Find listings of shelters and low-income apartment units for single mothers in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Applicants are placed on the waiting list for housing. Obtain rental assistance by enrolling in the Section 8 Voucher Program. Contact The Rock Springs Housing Authority at (307) 352-1471 or visit a public housing agency in person. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Energy and Utilities

LIEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) provides help for energy and utility bills. From the months of October to February, apply for the program by downloading the online application. Contact at (800) 246-4221 or lieapinfo@thealignteam.org. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Telephone and Internet Bills

Lifeline provides assistance for single mothers to pay their phone and Internet bills. Apply if you meet your state’s income eligibility requirements. Download the online application and mail or fax it to the Verizon Wireless center. Contact customer support at (800) 417-3849 or visit the website link for more information.

Help with Childcare

A child care subsidy program is available to single mothers who are working or in school. Wyoming has a DFS Early Childhood Division to help you find licensed child care professionals and facilities. Download an application to obtain benefits or apply in person at a DFS office. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Medical and Dental Care

Wyoming Medicaid is your source for affordable medical and dental care. Medicaid provides a range of healthcare programs that suit low-income recipients. Contact customer service with your questions at (307) 777-7531. Apply online, download an application or call 1-855-294-2127 to apply. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Legal Matters

Legal Aid of Wyoming Inc. has low-cost services for those in need of legal assistance. The cases covered include consumer rights, housing, bankruptcy and domestic violence. Call (307) 432-0807 or 1-877-432-9955 Monday through Friday. Visit the website link for more information.

Help with Financial Counseling

Rock Springs Credit Counseling has resources for bankruptcy, credit card debt and debt management or settlement. Receive help online, over the phone or in person. Call (855) 993-6017 to make an appointment. Visit the website link for more information.

Help From Other Groups

YWCA of Sweetwater County helps single mothers with affordable childcare and job training. In addition, there are financial management classes and domestic violence programs. Call the Rock Springs center at (307) 352-6635 or visit the website link for more information.

As a single mother, staying in control of your finances can be difficult. Fortunately, there are resources in Rock Springs to help you when you are in need.

++ Also read