Single mothers residing in Rosemead in the Los Angeles County can use this guide to assist them in finding and applying for assistance programs in their county during times of financial distress.
Eligible families with children who are deprived of parental support or care due to the death of a parent, unemployment of incapacity of any sort can resort to the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) for a limited period of time. Single mothers who want to find out if their families are eligible can visit the website to access the application criteria.
Help With Food
Families struggling to provide enough food can turn to CalFresh. The benefits from this program can be accessed through an Electronic Benefits Transfer Card. To apply for these benefits, visit the Department of Public Social Services website or call 310-216-3917 for any questions you have.
++ Popular grants for single mothers
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers
Help With Shelter and Housing
Some of the programs available under the DPSS Housing Program include the Moving Assistance Program, the Emergency Assistance to Prevent Eviction Program and the Homeless Case Management Program. To get more information and application requirements visit the website.
Help With Energy and Utilities
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power offers reduced rates to residents with low incomes. The aim of this assistance is to ease, by up to 15%, the burden for such families including single mothers in paying for electricity, water, and sewer services. For more information about this program, you can visit the website call their office at 800-342-5397 or send an email to email@example.com
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
The Lifeline Program by Assurance Wireless is a government benefit program managed by Virgin Mobil. It is designed to assist qualifying families in getting one discount per household. Single mothers who wish to participate in this program can visit the website to learn more.
Help With Childcare
The aim of the CalWORKs Child Care Program is to assist families to access child care stable enough to help them to move off cash assistance. In order to know more about the three different stages of the CalWORKs Child Care programs, single mothers can visit the website where they can also access the services locator.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
The Transitional Medi-Cal Program for Families ensures that families have access to preventative care services, medical office visits, dental and eye care, medication prescribed by doctors, psychological services and primary and specialty care. For more information about this program visit their website or mail an application to P.O. Box 77267, Los Angeles, CA 90007-9819.
Help With Legal Matters
Services offered by the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles include assistance with employment legal services, evictions, family, government benefits, and immigration. Single mothers who require legal advice can also visit any of their clinics which are listed on their website or dial the number 800-399-4529.
Help With Financial Counseling
Single mothers and individuals who require financial counseling can approach the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union for free one-on-one meetings with professionals who will review their financial situation. To gain more information about their programs, visit their website.
Help from other groups
Assistance offered by the Watts Labor Community Action Committee includes homeless services, employment services, weatherization and youth and family programs. To find out about the assistance you and your family can receive, visit their website, and phone them on 323-562-5639.
We hope that this page has guided single mothers living in Rosemead towards finding suitable assistance programs during times of financial distress.