While the State of Utah may offer a range of assistance programs to help the needy, it’s not always clear which programs were designed for which needs categories. On this page, we’ll be showing single mothers living in Roy where and how to apply for assistance.
The Family Employment Program (funded by TANF) provides single mothers with the opportunity to apply for temporary cash loans if they need help with paying for basic needs such as housing, rent, and utilities. Those looking to become self-sufficient can apply to see if they qualify for assistance. This can be done online or by contacting the Workforce Services Office a 1-866-435-7414.
Help With Food
The Food Stamps program was designed to be a supplemental food assistance program to help bring down the cost of food supplies in households that are on a very limited income. To see if you qualify to receive food stamps benefits, call the WFS Office at 1-866-435-7414 or use the online eligibility checker.
Help With Energy and Utilities
HEAT is the Home Energy Assistance Target Program, and it was designed to help needy families and single mothers pay for the cost of their home heating expenses. The program can also assist with weatherization programs, which can help you reduce the cost of your monthly service fees. You can contact the Workforce Services Office at 1-866-435-7414 or visit the website to learn more about the program or to apply for benefits online.
Help With Telephone and Internet Bills
Single mothers that are looking for a way to save on their monthly landline telephone bills should consider applying for LifeLine. The federal program ensures that you’ll get a monthly discounted preloaded onto your bill, but you’ll need to work through a registered program service provider. You can visit SafeLink Wireless’ website or call their office at 1-800-723-3546 to start your application for LifeLine discounts.
Help With Childcare
The Department of Workforce Services offers child care assistance to eligible low-income families that meet income and work requirements. This program can help you pay for the cost of your childcare expenses. Prospective applicants should get in touch with the office at 1-866-435-7414 or visit the department’s website to learn more about the program requirements and see how the application process works.
Help With Medical and Dental Care
Medicaid can help single mothers ensure that they have sufficient healthcare coverage for them and their children. The program is funded at government level, but administered locally by the Utah Department of Workforce Services. You can see whether you qualify for benefits online or by calling the office at 801-526-0950.
Help With Legal Matters
The Utah State Bar Association Pro Bono Project can assist you with free or very low cost legal assistance services if you have a legal matter that is non-criminal. They offer carious services pertaining to a wide range of legal matters. Call the office at 801-531-9077 or visit the website to learn more about their services.
Help From Other Groups
Catholic Community Services of Northern Utah provides a wide range of assistance services that can help single mothers make ends meet. These include assistance with food, shelter, clothing provisions, and bill payments. To see how they can help you, refer to their website or call the office at 801-394-5944.
We hope that this page has acted as a guide to help single mothers from Roy find and apply for assistance when the time comes.
++ Also read
- Section 8 Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Mortgage assistance programs for single mothers
- Medical Bills Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get help with buying your medications
- Financial Assistance Programs for Women
- Organizations That Offer Free or Low-Cost Credit Counseling to single parents
- Local Church Assistance Programs for single moms
- Get Help from the Salvation Army
- Get Free Legal Assistance and Advice
- Help for single moms With Paying Off Student Loans
- Section 8 Assistance Program
- Catholic Charities Financial Assistance for single mothers
- Get Help Paying Electric Bills
- Get Help Paying Water Bills
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program for single mothers
- Low Income Assistance Programs
- Most Helpful Government Assistance Programs for single mothers
- Grants and Scholarships for Adults Back To School
- Assistance Programs for American Indians
- Assistance Programs for Hispanic single mothers
- Popular Charities that Help single mothers With Bills
- Financial Assistance Programs for Seniors
- Financial assistance programs for disabled
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers
- Assistance Programs for African American single mothers
- Perkins loans for single mothers
- Children's health insurance program for single mothers
- Grants for single moms with no health insurance
- How to apply for government benefits
- Food stamps for single mothers
- Unemployment benefits for single mothers
- Grants for paying telephone bills
- Debt consolidation programs for single mothers
- Bankruptcy assistance for single mothers
- Government financial help for single mothers
- WIC program for single mothers
- Welfare benefits for single mothers
- Education grants for single mothers
- Cash assistance for single mothers
- College grants for single mothers
- Free scholarships for single mothers
- Rent assistance for single mothers
- Low income assistance for single mothers
- Housing grants for single mothers
- Child care assistance for single mothers